Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hofstadter

Oh my god downloading those first chance I get.

Red River pissed me off. I loved OFP as a kid, but then I got Dragon rising on thr xbox, played for half an hour and was just like...wtf is this?!
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Bardolph

Thanks Pete, didn't know those were available. Been playing a lot of KoTH on the "official" Malden remake but it just ain't the same with the Mediterranean environment. Still, have had some weird nostalgia moments when I recognize some place we are fighting as someplace I have fought 20+ years ago lol.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2019, 07:47:59 AM
One of the greatest games, and game series of all time in my opinion.  Also, Bohemia is one of the greatest developers of all time. The amount of ongoing support, love and free content they provide for their community is second to none.

Seriously, the fact that ArmA is 6 years old and still being widely played, supported, and still developed is amazing.

It's such a nice change from the Ubisoft and EA model of pumping out games then completely abandoning them 6 months later.

If they could learn how to optimize their game and learn how to program AI / AI control like Steel Beasts

JasonPratt

Disclaimer 1: not my video. (Part of a popular clique of internet humor-gamers, including "iSorrow", "Valefisk", and "the Spiffing Brit" -- but this is "Rimmy".)

Disclaimer 2: I don't recommend drinking something while watching this. Except maybe alcohol.

Disclaimer 3: I have no experience with the "Only War" mod, or even ArmA3 for that matter, and I don't know where to find it.

Having said all that... I present... a bunch of goofballs trying to have a serious Arma match as Imperial Guards and Space Marines.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

There are a few more of these, from earlier to latest:

Most recently, the Tau....

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

A new Cadian ARMA3 video!

JasonPratt

Ya knew it wuz commin, gitz!

JasonPratt

The Immortal Ho Chi Minh rises! -- like a cowardly Ra's Al Ghul!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Wow, there's a lot to like there! 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Pete Dero

Dammit Carl!

Jarhead0331

The mission briefings are fantastic...the best I have seen in any ARMA scenario.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MikeGER

...personally i am missing the iconic Marder A1 or maybe A2 (if 1984-1989) IFV ?

but because it looks like the developers tried to be historical accurate to the point, its possible that in that exact timeframe and especially that part of the frontline the Bundewehr units there were not equipped with Marders and only with M133 instead.

Jarhead0331

It takes place in 1983.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog