Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

It has nice lines   :nerd:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

Quote from: mirth on February 14, 2018, 07:16:24 PM
https://blog.usni.org/posts/2018/02/14/it-isnt-the-shock-testing-of-ford-that-should-worry-you

When we briefed the staffers the last couple of weeks on the raw numbers behind the "At the current reliability, EMALS has a 9 percent chance of completing the 4-day surge..." the staffers kept thinking that we had misplaced a decimal place.  The inability to isolate a broken launcher is going to be another big problem operationally.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteSouthampton class CL sailing at speed alongside a County class CA, likely sometime around 1937.

mirth

QuoteBow damage to the Light Cruiser HMS Liverpool after being torpedoed by Italian bombers, October 14 - June 26, 1941.

mirth

QuoteDunkirk: The wreck of the French destroyer L'Adroit on the beach at La Panne after being attacked by Stuka dive bombers

bob48

I remember my dad saying that he saw that when he was at Dunkirk.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

mirth

mirth

mirth

QuoteSailors moor the ballistic missile submarine USS Maine in Bangor, Washington, Sept. 21, 2012

Staggerwing

^Mirth, is that you back there, peeking out from behind that yellow crane truck?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Heh. You spotted me :P

Staggerwing

We need B_C to 'shop up a 'Where's Mirthie?' picture book.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys