Stormpowered Jutland

Started by Snapper, June 12, 2019, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapper

Hi, has anyone played this recently? I can't download this or Distant Guns as the server times out and download doesn't even start. Technical support hasn't responded in 2 weeks! I have a feeling they've abandoned the series ☹️

Wburn

i tried the game on my HD all worked well and I was able to pull up their website. I do think the game has been abandoned but it is still working. You may want to launch their portal? Stormpowered from your toolbar that is the only way it works for me. Hope this helps.

Destraex

I tried my install a few weeks ago but even thouh storm powered worked the update function would not work for jutland and the fame would not load. I did not try too much harder.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Snapper

I'm trying through their portal alas the download fails and keeps saying try again later and with no support - I'm assuming they've closed down the servers

Pete Dero

Quote from: Snapper on June 13, 2019, 01:35:23 AM
I'm trying through their portal alas the download fails and keeps saying try again later and with no support - I'm assuming they've closed down the servers

As I don't want to risk removing my Jutland install, I just tried to download the Distant Guns demo (express version) and same result ...

Luckily Jutland is now playable without having to contact the server so the game still works offline for me.

em2nought

Maybe they've instead taken up teaching a class called "How to keep people who would have gladly payed $100 from buying your software 101"  ;)
Stolen elections have consequences.

Snapper

I'm sure Jim Rose assured everyone that this type of action wouldn't ever happen.
Oh well they were obviously empty words.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: em2nought on June 13, 2019, 03:37:38 AM
Maybe they've instead taken up teaching a class called "How to keep people who would have gladly payed $100 from buying your software 101"  ;)

Ahhh...the class is part of the common core curriculum developed by Battlefront.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Off course this had to happen when they have a sale going on :

The Jutland Ship Packs
Already have Jutland but want more? Buy the Ship Pack bundle and get Ship Pack 1: US North Sea 1917 and Ship Pack 2: Dogger Bank 1915 at a great discount

Jutland Ship Pack 1
Jutland Ship Pack 2

Reg Price: $69.99  Sale Price: $89.99
  :uglystupid2:

No joke ! : http://www.stormpowered.com/store/p-138-the-jutland-ship-packs.aspx

But if you buy the packs separatly you have to pay $39.98 for the 2  :idiot2:.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I loved that game and Distant Guns when it came out but the pitiful support and hang-ups after not playing for awhile killed it for me.  L:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

WallysWorld

I still play both games on and off and really like them. But I agree that the lack of support killed both games.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

stolypin

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 13, 2019, 09:00:39 AM
I loved that game and Distant Guns when it came out but the pitiful support and hang-ups after not playing for awhile killed it for me.  L:-)

I loved the games too and had them working well back in the day.  Never attempted to install them on the 4 computers I have owned since assuming it would be too much of a hassle.

It must still be working because a YouTuber called "SmartWargames" has posted several recent videos of it. 

Wburn

just an update. I tried loading the game and their portal on my laptop everything loaded including DG 1.5. Unfortunately when trying to start the game the update timed out to 404. and prompted try again later.
I am assuming they are unofficially gone. In the Strategy forum people had mixed results starting, loading and purchasing the  game as late as 2/19. Just goes to show how screwed up DRM backed software purchases are to the consumer when a company goes out of business.

Wburn

https://website.informer.com/James+Rose+Albireo+Studios+L.L.C..html

company Information if you want to go directly to their website and contact them.