Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame 2016 Fan Nominations

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2015, 11:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://rockhall.com/voting/2016-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees-vote/

Missing some significant acts that are now eligible, never mind some that have been eligible for a while and should've been addressed a while ago

Iron Maiden
Pearl Jam
Judas Priest
The Cure
The Jam

...  not on the ballots yet/still
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

Good to know that we can vote for Deep Purple and Chicago on the fan vote page.

The fan vote results, thus far are:  Chicago 17.12%, Yes 16.65%, Deep Purple 16.49%, The Cars 16.46%, Steve Miller 16.26%.
Any time is a good time for pie.

airboy

The Ramones have already made it.  Might as well lock the door now since nothing else can compare.

MetalDog

It's a traveshamockery that Deep Purple isn't in!  How much more iconic can you get than the opening of 'Smoke On the Water'?  Even if they did nothing else, that should STILL get them in!!  Being a huge Yes fan, I'd love to see them get in and Steve Miller has too many songs you know and sing along to not to be in.  The rest of them?  Meh...
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Centurion40

Janet Jackson is now in 1st place. Makes me really hate humanity.

Staggerwing

Quote from: airboy on October 08, 2015, 05:58:15 PM
The Ramones have already made it.  Might as well lock the door now since nothing else can compare.

Damn right!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Wes

Gotta give props to The Cars. Great band and opened the door for so much of the music I have listened to.

And yes, shocked at names on the list that should have been in AGES ago...YES? They're still waiting? Deep Purple? The first riff EVERY electric guitar player learns...Smoke on the Water...still waiting? Good god.
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Centurion40

Quote from: Wes on October 08, 2015, 09:51:38 PM
Gotta give props to The Cars. Great band and opened the door for so much of the music I have listened to.

And yes, shocked at names on the list that should have been in AGES ago...YES? They're still waiting? Deep Purple? The first riff EVERY electric guitar player learns...Smoke on the Water...still waiting? Good god.

Agreed on all points.  O0

airboy

The Cars and Yes were both excellent in concert.

Centurion40

Quote from: airboy on October 09, 2015, 09:38:12 AM
The Cars and Yes were both excellent in concert.

Haven't seen The Cars, but would like to.  Have seen Yes and Deep Purple, both great shows.  But the low growling thunderous rumble of Deep Purple rocked my world.  Naaaa-nananaah-nananaaah-nananaaaaaah- BA-BA BOOM BOOM....

MetalDog

I've seen Deep Purple and Yes as well.  As a matter of fact, the Yes show I saw stands as the best show I've ever attended.  I'm really biased as they are one of my top five all time bands.  Regardless, it was that good of a show.

MetalDog