Pax Nova - New space 4x

Started by Jarhead0331, May 09, 2019, 11:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on July 03, 2019, 04:05:20 PM
Perhaps I should have said do not buy in it's current state.  For a moment, and I admit it, I did forget the game is still in early access. 

There definitely is potential in the game but I guess that sometimes early access can take the wind out of your sails to the point you don't care anymore.  Maybe I've reached that point and yes it's not fair to discourage others but I do think people should be aware of how others feel.  Sort of like a barometer to determine if you should take the plunge or not. 

I will give the game a chance but probably won't play much until some more progress is made.  Based on your commentary I should probably redirect my negative comments to the developer forums but in a gentler way.  The developers should get some feedback to help them polish the game.

You're feedback is totally valid and should definitely be expressed to the developers. Also, I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't post your feedback here either!  I just think its important to note that it is early access, and that unless someone is willing to accept that, then they might be better off holding off until it is more fully developed.  O0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 03, 2019, 04:35:35 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 03, 2019, 04:05:20 PM
Perhaps I should have said do not buy in it's current state.  For a moment, and I admit it, I did forget the game is still in early access. 

There definitely is potential in the game but I guess that sometimes early access can take the wind out of your sails to the point you don't care anymore.  Maybe I've reached that point and yes it's not fair to discourage others but I do think people should be aware of how others feel.  Sort of like a barometer to determine if you should take the plunge or not. 

I will give the game a chance but probably won't play much until some more progress is made.  Based on your commentary I should probably redirect my negative comments to the developer forums but in a gentler way.  The developers should get some feedback to help them polish the game.

You're feedback is totally valid and should definitely be expressed to the developers. Also, I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't post your feedback here either!  I just think its important to note that it is early access, and that unless someone is willing to accept that, then they might be better off holding off until it is more fully developed.  O0

Thanks for your feedback as well.  I'm not a good writer and thus have trouble expressing my thoughts in text but you helped me to understand how to look at situations like this in a holistic manner rather than short sightedness.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mbar

I've uninstalled Pax Nova. The bones are there for a 4X game but I'm not finding the meat. I find I am clicking 'end turn' repeatedly without interacting with the map.

W8taminute

The latest patch that was made available yesterday claims to have an 80% increase in colonizable planets!  That might make the game much more exciting now and is well worth trying out. 

Too bad Interstellar Space: Genesis has caught me eye right now and is taking up all my space strategy game attention.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

mbar

Thanks for the update news. It looks like they added a lot to the game.

W8taminute

It sure does.  I hope to fit some time with the game over the coming weekend.