Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteUS Atlantic Fleet in a gale, 1913.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteSMS Lützow, the flagship of Rear Admiral Franz von Hipper during the Battle of Jutland.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteShore party from the USS Onondaga, a double-turreted monitor launched 29 July 1863.

mirth

QuoteUSS Indianapolis (CA 35) entering New York City, date unknown

Staggerwing

Well, we know the photo was taken sometime before July of 1945.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I actually think it's pre war.

Centurion40

Quote from: mirth on October 21, 2015, 11:44:12 AM
QuoteShore party from the USS Onondaga, a double-turreted monitor launched 29 July 1863.

Looks like a sweet gig (for back in the day).
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

QuoteHMS Ark Royal (R09) with Venoms, Hawks and Gannets on deck.

mirth

mirth

QuoteUSS Oregon returning from Cuba (Spanish-American War). She's showing signs of some seriously hard mileage (sailed from SF to Cuba via Cape Horn) as well as combat (Battle of Santiago Bay).

mirth

QuoteHMS Lion (C34) at Malta, in 1961

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

besilarius

Now, if the First Lieutenant had any sense of humor, they'd let the anchor go.

"With your eyes closed?"