Main Menu

DCS F/A-18C

Started by Jarhead0331, July 03, 2017, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I'd say thats a typical driver thing as well. Not a hardware issue (at least not of the stick).
But buying something new is great regardless! :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 22, 2018, 03:13:03 AM
I'm far from an expert, but that sounds more like a driver issue than a possible power problem, no?
Mate - I initially thought exactly the same thing but I've tried so many different drivers you wouldn't believe.

It wasn't doing this a year or so ago. Maybe some MS update. I don't know.

I've tried different drivers. A powered hub (people saying it might be drawing more power than the USB can handle). I've tried removing all my other USB devices and just having the stick in. I just can't track it down.

I'm fed up trying now too...because everytime I try something new and it fails, I need to hard reboot.

Hence why I'm looking to splurdge money on a new stick.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 22, 2018, 03:13:03 AM
I'm far from an expert, but that sounds more like a driver issue than a possible power problem, no?

Most likely a driver problem.  Whether an issue on the manufacturer's side, or by Microsoft, dunno.  Although the onus is often ultimately on the manufacturer.

Grim.Reaper

Well, built my new computer and got it all ready for this game now.....I better be able to run it with this thing:)

Although I am a little pissed with it....I get the whole darn thing built, only to find out one of the front panel case USB ports is dead on arrival.  Not a chance that I am rebuilding this thing again but hate that something brand new already has a defect.  Did not want to send the whole case back as replacement for just the port....Amazon at least did something reasonable by giving me a credit so I could purchase a USB card expansion where I can add my own ports.

This is what I ended up building.

Intel 8700k
32 GB of RAM (yep, probably over kill)
GTX 1080 TI Card (11GB)
4TB SSD Drive for Games/Windows
6TB Data Drive for all my other crap

Hoping this takes care of things for awhile.....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 22, 2018, 07:44:05 PM
Well, built my new computer and got it all ready for this game now.....I better be able to run it with this thing:)

Although I am a little pissed with it....I get the whole darn thing built, only to find out one of the front panel case USB ports is dead on arrival.  Not a chance that I am rebuilding this thing again but hate that something brand new already has a defect.  Did not want to send the whole case back as replacement for just the port....Amazon at least did something reasonable by giving me a credit so I could purchase a USB card expansion where I can add my own ports.

Intel 8700k
GTX 1080 TI Card (11GB)

Wow. 4TB SSD? What did that set you back?

Bravo on a fantastic system!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 22, 2018, 08:49:36 PM

Intel 8700k
GTX 1080 TI Card (11GB)

thanks...the ssd drive was around $1000.  just couldn't imagine putting something smaller as i hope to make last next 5-6 years like my old system.

Yskonyn

Wow that's a killer system! Congrats!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Intel 8700k
GTX 1080 TI Card (11GB)

Nice rig!

I had an issue with a PC case I picked up from Amazon a few years ago, for building a nephew's computer.  The front panel USB came loose in short order, and the power switch failed.  Unfortunately the bad reviews mentioning the same issue didn't start showing up until after the purchase.

Never had issues with budget towers before, other than some sub-par layouts with a penchant for cutting you open via the sheet metal edges, and I had built quite a few over the years.  Gonna have to be careful shopping those at Amazon from now on after that shoddy PoS.  Got one since then and it was fine; good value. 

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 22, 2018, 09:00:03 PM

Intel 8700k
GTX 1080 TI Card (11GB)

thanks...the ssd drive was around $1000.  just couldn't imagine putting something smaller as i hope to make last next 5-6 years like my old system.
:hide:

$1000 for a hard drive!!!!!!!!

You should defo get some mileage out of that rig. Nice one pal.  O0
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 23, 2018, 12:28:03 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 22, 2018, 09:00:03 PM

Intel 8700k
GTX 1080 TI Card (11GB)

:hide:

$1000 for a hard drive!!!!!!!!

You should defo get some mileage out of that rig. Nice one pal.  O0

regular price as around $1500-$1600 so i got a bargain:)

the 2tb was about $800 so i thought what the heck for a few $$$$ more.

i just wanted to make sure that i could fit all my games for a long time without having to install and uninstall all the time,

to be honest, i think this is my last gaming rig where i will go all in.  as i am getting older, finding myself not gaming as much so after this dies, likely will go simple.

and what made the decision even easier...i really only paid out of pocket around $1500 for the total rig.  i had some reward points that i was able to turn into cash so that made decision even easier:)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Persian Gulf hits today, ladies.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 23, 2018, 08:31:32 AM
Persian Gulf hits today, ladies.

Released.

But : It seems the Persian gulf map is only available for the open beta for now.
If you run 2.5 (latest stable release) it asks you if you want to install the Persian Map but you probably will get an error.

Jarhead0331

I only run the beta. I don't see any reason to install the stable version yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog