Main Menu

Far Cry 5

Started by Tpek, May 27, 2017, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Well, I hadn't followed the link in the OPs post because I thought it was the link I had seen the other day which was just a "coming soon" video.

After seeing the video in the link, it has jumped to guaranteed day one purchase. Though it'll be 50 bolts, I'm sure it'll be money well spent - I love a game with a good story.
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 28, 2017, 12:24:04 AM
Well, I hadn't followed the link in the OPs post because I thought it was the link I had seen the other day which was just a "coming soon" video.

After seeing the video in the link, it has jumped to guaranteed day one purchase. Though it'll be 50 bolts, I'm sure it'll be money well spent - I love a game with a good story.

If it's as solid as Far Cry 3's story it'll be worth it.  Same reason I loved the System Shock and Bioshock games.  Just a solid narrative. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

I got into FC4's story as much as FC3, if not moreso because of the more sympathetic player character being slowly compromised in his morality about the no-good choices. I didn't find the political situation confusing at all (although worth noting that the supernatural vision quests were developed by an entirely different group. I got quickly annoyed with those, simply because they couldn't be anything other than a watered down glossed up experience. There should have been maybe three or four instead of seven of them.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Alpaca's? Hindu police states?? I've been missing out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 28, 2017, 12:38:31 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 28, 2017, 12:24:04 AM

If it's as solid as Far Cry 3's story it'll be worth it.  Same reason I loved the System Shock and Bioshock games.  Just a solid narrative.

Bioshock games had a solid narrative? :P

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on May 28, 2017, 02:34:10 PM

Even Fry Cry Zero and Three (I skipped 2 and 4) had their moments.  You should at least visit 3 and consider seriously playing 4 or 5, I think.

Gusington

5 is now firmly in my sites. I didn't know there were so many spinoff games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Cry

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: MengJiao on May 28, 2017, 02:54:12 PM

Even Fry Cry Zero and Three (I skipped 2 and 4) had their moments.  You should at least visit 3 and consider seriously playing 4 or 5, I think.

What's Far Cry Zero? do you mean the first game?

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 27, 2017, 07:40:03 AM
Of course. I meant offensive to white, Christian, conservative males. RPS is going to love this game! I heard they already have their WOT ready and they have rated it as the best game not made yet.

....no wonder it was announced on starting day of Ramadan  :o

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tpek on May 28, 2017, 03:27:07 PM

I think he meant FC Primal.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

And they're not even the best part!

The best part, as my nieces and Bro can testify, is flying the little grasshopper helicopters scattered around the map (held together with colorful duct tape), and then bombing enemies on the ground with a hand-held grenade launcher.

...that, or maybe the extended alternate campaign where you recover a base in the Himalayas and build up its defenses again while trying to keep from being murdered by yetis.

MengJiao

Quote from: Tpek on May 28, 2017, 03:27:07 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 28, 2017, 02:54:12 PM

I meant the first game.  It had no number.

Slick Wilhelm

Looks like a lot of fun to me. I can't wait til they get around to poking fun at me and my fellow Swedes and Norwegians up here in the great white north. I can't wait to hear all of the accents, ala "Fargo".

Queeg

I just hope they dispense with the idiotic game mechanic where you get attacked by an eagle every two minutes.  They'll probably just substitute a rabid weasel or something.

Tpek

Quote from: Queeg on May 31, 2017, 08:59:56 AM
I just hope they dispense with the idiotic game mechanic where you get attacked by an eagle every two minutes.  They'll probably just substitute a rabid weasel or something.

Which game was that? Far Cry Primal?

Sounds like the infamous Cliff Racers from Morrowind :P