Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackJaguar

I like your Avatar, Dammit Carl!  :)

Sir Slash

Looking good BlackJag. Like Kate Upton carrying a six pack and a plate of wings. Please keep us posted on development.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Asid on December 02, 2015, 07:47:31 PM
Some screens

Oh - I am really liking the look of this - the new screenies are much better than the earlier ones - one question though - I cant see any hexside features in the maps ? Walls, fences etc ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grim.Reaper

I really like when the developers stop by and get engaged with the community....scores a lot of points and demonstrates their willingness to discuss the game and get feedback...good luck.

magnus

It is an excellent game, but just so you understand it is very groggy.

it has been a pleasure testing it.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: magnus on December 03, 2015, 06:14:52 AMIt is an excellent game, but just so you understand it is very groggy.

that's not really a problem for this crowd :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BlackJaguar

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 02, 2015, 11:19:34 PM
Looking good BlackJag. Like Kate Upton carrying a six pack and a plate of wings. Please keep us posted on development.  O0

Oh man, that's pure wargamer's poetry ;)

Zulu1966

Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 03, 2015, 03:58:37 AM
Some screens

Oh - I am really liking the look of this - the new screenies are much better than the earlier ones - one question though - I cant see any hexside features in the maps ? Walls, fences etc ?

?? Bump
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

magnus

I shouldn't have used the term groggy.

What I was trying to say is it is just a straight up port of a wargame based on ASL and put on the computer.

It has no bells and whistles or 3d tanks etc..

I am surprised at times of how many times some wargamers have posted in places, even here, that games like this shouldn't be published in 2015.

To someone who was used to sitting in front of a table with a rule book in their lap, this is meat and potatoes.

If someone was expecting another Lock and Loads "Heroes of Stalingrad" they would be mistaken. There nothing wrong with HOS and I own it, it is just very gamey to me.

BlackJaguar

Thanks magnus!

I understand that not everyone will enjoy the game, I love ASL and I wanted to play something like that on my computer. So in January of 2006 I have decided to do it myself. Tigers on the Hunt is a niche product, I built it for the hard core wargamers who love tactical boardgames.  I remember when I first came across ASL (October 2005), I bought the ASL Starter Kit 1 and I told  myself, let's see what the fuss is all about. I wasn't impressed with the counters, but once I sit down and those bullets started flying, man... I totally forgot all about the counter art. I now own about $2500 of ASL material (core models, historical modules like Red Barricades or Valor of the Guards, Tarawa...etc) So the game focuses on the gameplay rather than on fancy 3D graphics. There is a lot of weapon systems built into the game, Eastern Front can be played from 1941 - 45, or the Western Front 43-45 and even a bit of late Afrika battles or Mediterranean....all in one box. I will be supporting the game for a long time to come. Expansion will be coming...I'm already also learning about doing 3D graphics engine but that will take time (give it a kind of miniatures look). I'm a one man development team that has passion for wargames in my spare time (after my day job) and I want to share my passion with the rest of the world...nothing more nothing less.

The editor is easy to use, you want to play say "The Guards Counterattack" from ASL ? You simply create the map, put all the units on the map, setup VPOs with click of a button, set AI side to attack or hold and you can play - no AI scripting required.

Long time friend of mine Jorgen Holmquist, who is the scenario designer is currently working on tutorial video how to play the game as well as how to create scenarios.

Cheers!

Zulu1966

Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 03, 2015, 01:58:45 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 03, 2015, 03:58:37 AM
Some screens

?? Bump

OK BJ - that's twice you have been here and posted a response to another question and not answered mine - so I am going to presume their absence in the screenshots is because there aren't any ?

BlackJaguar

Hi Zulu1966,

Sorry I missed your message. "I cant see any hexside features in the maps ? Walls, fences etc ?" Correct, the game engine currently doesn't support walls/fences/hedges. Perhaps in the future...there is so much more stuff to do, yet so little time. If could work on the game 10 hours a day without day job than anything is possible, I just need to win lottery :)

Zulu1966

Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 03, 2015, 07:47:37 PM
Hi Zulu1966,

Sorry I missed your message. "I cant see any hexside features in the maps ? Walls, fences etc ?" Correct, the game engine currently doesn't support walls/fences/hedges. Perhaps in the future...there is so much more stuff to do, yet so little time. If could work on the game 10 hours a day without day job than anything is possible, I just need to win lottery :)

OK no problem BJ. I admire the fact you have created something I know the kind of effort it takes - especially with a day job.
Must admit - no hexside features is a pretty big hole for me. No Bocage I guess ?  Will still likely buy day one though.
If I won the lottery - I would pay someone else to write the game though.

BlackJaguar

Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 03, 2015, 08:25:43 PM
Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 03, 2015, 07:47:37 PM
Hi Zulu1966,

OK no problem BJ. I admire the fact you have created something I know the kind of effort it takes - especially with a day job.
Must admit - no hexside features is a pretty big hole for me. No Bocage I guess ?  Will still likely buy day one though.
If I won the lottery - I would pay someone else to write the game though.

Yes correct, no bocage as well. When you think about it that there are 4 nationalities, there is a lot of content. However it's really hard to put everything in the game with the time that I have. I spent a lot of time working on the AI, I preferred to work on that then adding every single terrain feature into the game. I do have 5 levels of elevation ( base + 4 levels of hills), line of sight is calculated down to pixel level and it was a tough job....never mind unit pathfinding.

MikeGER

Quote from: BlackJaguar on December 03, 2015, 08:32:06 PM
I do have 5 levels of elevation ( base + 4 levels of hills), line of sight is calculated down to pixel level and it was a tough job....never mind unit pathfinding.

...are there multistory buildings then? 

I am looking forward to your game anyway :)