Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism

Started by bayonetbrant, October 19, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 08, 2018, 11:24:43 AM
RT:  Media outlet, or Russian Propaganda Weapon?

https://medium.com/dfrlab/question-that-rts-military-mission-4c4bd9f72c88

Is that even a question? It's pretty obviously a propaganda tool for the Russian government. I think everyone outside of Russia gets that.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

yea, but these guys have actual evidence to demonstrate it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Toonces

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 29, 2017, 09:06:00 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 18, 2017, 11:49:05 PM
Tough read

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/18/sports/everest-deaths.html

That was an extremely long article! Lol, more like a short story! But what I did read of it was extremely interesting. I'm always fascinated with everest, and why people risk their lives to get to the top. That was heartbreaking though, for the family's left behind when the person climbing everest dies, so sad.
The video clips and pics of the mountain were awesome, really spectacular  :dreamer: enjoyed the perusal  O0

Agreed, that was a really good article.  I didn't find it all that tough to read.  I'm empathetic with those families that were left behind, but those guys knew what they were getting themselves into.  In fact, I was a bit pissed that they didn't discuss what to do if they died with their families. 

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

mirth

bayonetbrant