Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

Humble Bundle are selling Stellaris for £13.99 in their Sci-Fi sale..

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/scifi-week/?hmb_source=store_home

Plus there are a number of the Stellaris DLC's available much cheaper than they are on Steam.

Destraex

Got a mod that allows me to start games with 30 planets for multiplayer games. Should be short and sweet. We are trying to see of regular games that are shorter will make it worth my friends and I learning the game. 2-3hr games are how we enjoy sins of q solar empire.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Millipede

Huw the Poo

I've tried and failed multiple times, now, to get through a single player game.

However, multiplayer is like a different game entirely.  For the last few weekends it's all I've been playing with my group and we're having a fantastic time.  It helps that we're all treacherous bastards and alliances form and break all the time. :)

CJReich46

This is interesting...

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

CJReich46

From a game I did yesterday- thought I'd share it.

" <Anomaly Detected>" the AI chirped aboard the Royal Science Ship Lord Roberts. 

"Okay, let's take a look. This survey was getting kind of boring..."  Within seconds a probe was sent out from the science vessel. Its arms extending like an insect as it approached the source of the alert. Seconds felt like hours as the crew waited for the probe's response.
"Telemetry coming in."
"What do we have? Looks like wreckage of some kind."
"Okay, have the probe take some samples and bring it back in."
The probe's arms extended and began to delicately gather samples from the wreckage, taking care not to damage what appeared to be an ancient vessel.

Minutes later the probe returned and after decontamination the pod was brought in and the crew began the painstaking work of looking through the samples.

Then one member stopped as he realized something peculiar. Something familiar.   He took it to a holoprojector and scanned it in, his jaw dropped as it showed on the screen what the debris field was; what this wreckage was.

Another crew member noticed it too.

"Is it?!It can't be!"
"Yes. Analysis indicates 100 percent verification"
"How? I thought it was lost, ages ago..."
"Yet, here it is, after all this time..."
"I-I just don't believe it."

Among the materials found was a large plaque of material identified as gold, it was hard to read because of debris and decay. One of the pieces contained a plaque with a name etched into it.

It read, "PIONEER...11."

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Barthheart

Pete Dero

Distant Stars is released.

Rayfer

Wow....!!  This looks incredible.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

I was well over 100 hours before I saw it as a hand....   :P

jomni

No one pays attention to event images. Just click ok to carry on.

Jarhead0331

Looks like a hand holding a paint brush to me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

^Cool spaceships.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18