Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

You definately don't want to go it alone with the Archer unless it involves sitting on a high point and sniping.  The last thing you want to pop out into the open and find enemies looking at you while your business end is pointing backwards. 

And in a really bright spot, Gaijin has somewhat nerfed the rain of airframes from the sky.  A recent patch says you no longer take splash damage from aircraft gas tanks.  I've had several planes just miss me and I took no damage.  This is especially important when the Buffs try to put ten tons of metal on you after they've emtpied their bomb bay.

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on April 16, 2018, 01:16:30 AM
I'm really digging the Archer.  It's awkward configuration needs getting used to but it's good that the tank can escape really fast.  The gun is very powerful and accurate.  The downside is it is very difficult and slow to get into a nice firing position, so a lot pre-planning and patience is needed.

Sounds interesting.  I'm thinking of ways to get the 17-lber into action.  That's the gun on the Archer, Achilles and Firefly.  I started in the UK slots, but moved to USA because the SPAA halftracks with 50-cal only are fantastic for shooting down planes and wreaking havoc.  It would be nice to have a gun that can reliably kill big Russian machines on the ground.  It took me 4 shots of US 76mm to kill some Russian monster yesterday.  So back to the UK!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 16, 2018, 09:09:57 AM
I'm really digging the Archer.  It's awkward configuration needs getting used to but it's good that the tank can escape really fast.  The gun is very powerful and accurate.  The downside is it is very difficult and slow to get into a nice firing position, so a lot pre-planning and patience is needed.

Sounds interesting.  I'm thinking of ways to get the 17-lber into action.  That's the gun on the Archer, Achilles and Firefly.  I started in the UK slots, but moved to USA because the SPAA halftracks with 50-cal only are fantastic for shooting down planes and wreaking havoc.  It would be nice to have a gun that can reliably kill big Russian machines on the ground.  It took me 4 shots of US 76mm to kill some Russian monster yesterday.  So back to the UK!

And your basic Sherman:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 16, 2018, 11:49:45 AM

And your basic Sherman:

And Char B:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 19, 2018, 10:33:21 PM

And your basic Sherman:

And Char B:

And Firefly on a Test drive:

MengJiao

And your basic Sherman:

Still no 17lber.  The Firefly and the Achilles seem good.  And here is the Hampden:

jomni

Getting a new tank is always a bummer as you need some grinding to get the powerful shells that justifies it's battle rating (BR).  So now my new Comet is still underperforming.  And I already have the next tank researched but still no money to buy or train crew.

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on April 29, 2018, 09:09:26 PM
Getting a new tank is always a bummer as you need some grinding to get the powerful shells that justifies it's battle rating (BR).  So now my new Comet is still underperforming.  And I already have the next tank researched but still no money to buy or train crew.

I reached the Firefly.  So far I haven't hit anything with it.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 29, 2018, 09:59:49 PM

Boomerrang:

MengJiao

I hit some big Russian thing.  It went on backing up and then a T34 killed me.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 30, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

Boomerrang:

Beaufort (also over Port Moresby):

jomni

I'm in business. Researched the best shell (APDS) for the Comet tanks.
I'm still better with the Firefly though.

I now have three researched tanks with no silver lions to buy them with.
Matchmaking is done based on the highest rated tank and the spread between my ratings is now huge until i buy two more tanks with close to similar BR.

bobarossa

I try to never use a tank unless I have at least one more at the same BR.  Hate to enter a match and find I have nothing useful to drive after the my first death.  That's when I usually pull out the SPAA and shoot at Kamakaze's. 

jomni

Quote from: bobarossa on May 03, 2018, 07:28:05 AM
I try to never use a tank unless I have at least one more at the same BR.  Hate to enter a match and find I have nothing useful to drive after the my first death.  That's when I usually pull out the SPAA and shoot at Kamakaze's.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do now.  Sent the Comet back to the garage now until I get a similar BR tank operational.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 01, 2018, 11:29:47 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 30, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

Boomerrang:

Beaufort (also over Port Moresby):

And -- BT7: