Questions and requests

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 12:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Ok I think I know what I was going wrong. I'll sit with it tonight and let you know.
Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

Alright good to hear! Do not hesitate to ask for help, better explanation or step by step guides if you run into trouble, but the more concrete you can make your request the better I can assist.
MekHQ and MegaMek can be hard to wrap your head around at first. They have more in common with accounting software than game software at times. :)

As far as rules it's a bit more complicated. I am unable to just copy and paste from the manuals due to obvious copyright issues, but I can explain rules in my own words. Many of the tactical rules are automatically enforced by MegaMek anyhow.
Some gameplay (like picking up ejected mechwarriors by another Mech capable of doing so) is a little less obvious, but once we'll start doing battles I'll try to have a post up explaining how things work and what to keep in mind.

Kushan and Gusington: are you guys doing ok with company creation?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

How are you getting along, guys?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

Sorry Ysk, I had a crap ton of IRL events going on this week and was completely burnt out to try to work on this.

Bright side I have most of my bio written so I just need to roll my lances now that I know how and I'll be good.

mirth

Sorry. Busy week. I will get it done this weekend.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

As far as I know I'm not supposed to be doing anything yet. (Except re-installing MekHQ.)  :D <:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Apologies Yassy I didn't see this thread until now - I should withdraw from this, it looks to require more time than I thought originally.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2018, 09:04:17 AM
Apologies Yassy I didn't see this thread until now - I should withdraw from this, it looks to require more time than I thought originally.

L:-)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

I want to do it - but I need to to learn wtf is going on and need time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2018, 09:10:37 AM
I need to to learn wtf is going on and need time.

Are you talking about the game?

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2018, 09:10:37 AM
I want to do it - but I need to to learn wtf is going on and need time.

We are the guys in blue.

We point the sharp end of the sticks at the guys in red and make "pew-pew" noises.

Rinse and repeat

:uglystupid2:

Gusington

Are you going to share your bbq ribs?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2018, 10:17:30 AM
Are you going to share your bbq ribs?

Drive to Jersey and find out

JasonPratt

Someone can randomly roll up a company for you, Gus, and you can chug along on that.

Actually... I'm wondering if a WHOLE COMPANY is too much to bite off and chew at once, Ysk. I mean a whole company for each of them (us). Why not start by assigning each of them a mech, or they roll one randomly, and roll play that from there? That's a lance, right?

One mech HAS TO BE easier to manage than nine twelve (and HQ).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Hmm...ok.

And I've fallen for that Jersey line before, but not for ribs.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd