The Great Unknown:GoT Season 6

Started by MetalDog, April 24, 2016, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Yep. Expected to happen differently (with fire), but I'm pleased that it happened.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Grim.Reaper

Good episode, but nothing too surprising yet.  It will be fun though seeing where all these plot lines end up.

bayonetbrant

I really wanted them to burn the body on a pyre and then have him stand up and walk out of it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Huw the Poo

I'm getting seriously bored (all over again) with Bran's storyline.  Even that girl he hangs around with said the same!

MetalDog

Doesn't take much to bore you then, does it?  He was on the show for, what, 5 minutes?  Cut dude some slack.  I think Bran is going to be key in what comes in the next few seasons.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

Quote from: MetalDog on May 02, 2016, 05:00:51 PM
Doesn't take much to bore you then, does it?

Uh, this has been his storyline for almost the entire show.

MetalDog

I'll admit, it's not Jon, or Arya, or Tyrion, etc., but, I truly believe he will be integral to future events.  Of course, I have nothing more to base that on than his storyline is still included, so, he must have a part to play.  You can say, 'I told you so,' if I am wrong ;)

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 02, 2016, 05:17:01 AM
I really wanted them to burn the body on a pyre and then have him stand up and walk out of it

This is what I was expecting to see.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: MetalDog on May 02, 2016, 06:25:28 PM
I'll admit, it's not Jon, or Arya, or Tyrion, etc., but, I truly believe he will be integral to future events.  Of course, I have nothing more to base that on than his storyline is still included, so, he must have a part to play.  You can say, 'I told you so,' if I am wrong ;)

No, I do agree with you on that.  If he isn't important to future events then his storyline will have been a colossal waste of time. ;)

OJsDad

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 03, 2016, 12:28:58 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 02, 2016, 06:25:28 PM

No, I do agree with you on that.  If he isn't important to future events then his storyline will have been a colossal waste of time. ;)

As long as Turtledove isn't a show writer, then your good.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Huw the Poo

So...what to make of the fact that Eddard apparently heard Bran then?  And where's ol' Jonny Boy going?

MetalDog

Eddard hearing Bran was pretty freaky.  I don't know what that could portend.  Jon, I think, is going to claim the mantle of Leader of the Free Folk and head towards Winterfell to feed Ramsay Bolton his intestines.

Grim.Reaper

I am kind of thinking the whole Rickon thing being a setup....doesn't seem like Umber would need help with Wildlings, plus pretty sure his family was strong ally to the Starks....just doesn't add up.  Have a feeling he is a "mole" setting up eventually helping return Winterfell to its rightful owners.

Centurion40

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 09, 2016, 06:18:36 PM
I am kind of thinking the whole Rickon thing being a setup....doesn't seem like Umber would need help with Wildlings, plus pretty sure his family was strong ally to the Starks....just doesn't add up.  Have a feeling he is a "mole" setting up eventually helping return Winterfell to its rightful owners.

Interesting theory. But who would orchestrate such a move? Too quick for Jon. The Red Witch? Little Funger?