Author Topic: Scary, but true...  (Read 16930 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Scary, but true...
« on: January 30, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »
As scary as it sounds, with all of you guys here, I feel like there is almost no reason to go back to the wargamer...this is making me very emotional.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
Re: Scary, but true...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »
Hanky?

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »
As scary as it sounds, with all of you guys here, I feel like there is almost no reason to go back to the wargamer...this is making me very emotional.

success!

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Online mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »

It is a little scary. I've been here for less than 12 hours and it already feels like I may done with Wargamer. I poked my head in over there a few times today, but it seemed awfully quiet. The old R&P is dead for sure.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can’t ‘un’ until you ‘pre’, son." - Gus

Offline Centurion40

• Captain Obvious
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
I'll always poke my head in over there, but methinks that I'll be spending most of my wasted hours here.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Online Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »
Perhaps, in a few days, we should edit our Wargamer sigs with a certain clickable image URL...?
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »
There will be a formal.announcement in a few days. Until then let's keep.it quasi quiet.

We want to also get a working front page up with a few articles and that may take a couple more weeks.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
R&P over there is quite dead, I agree. And after 10 years there I am a little teary. But more excited at the possibilities here.
"I have to say, it sure does look like somewhere I would really, really like.  Except for the cold of course.  But, I'll bet I could adapt to that. ”

- Toonces, The Arctic Wonder Commander

Online mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »
I wasn't there nearly as long as you Gus, but I was rather fond of the place. Definitely happy to be here though.

Staggerwing is being funny and did just did a check WGs R&P. I think a tumbleweed blew by.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »
Even scarier is that I didn't know Marines had emotions.

I worked there in almost every capacity over the time I have been there. I should have more emotion invested in leaving but I just don't. Not sure why.
"I have to say, it sure does look like somewhere I would really, really like.  Except for the cold of course.  But, I'll bet I could adapt to that. ”

- Toonces, The Arctic Wonder Commander

Online mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
Even scarier is that I didn't know Marines had emotions.

Just look at JH's avatar. That dude's a seething cauldron of emotion.

Online Staggerwing

• Arquebusier
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »
I wasn't there nearly as long as you Gus, but I was rather fond of the place. Definitely happy to be here though.

Staggerwing is being funny and did just did a check WGs R&P. I think a tumbleweed blew by.

I wonder if anyone still left over there will grok the actual quote...

Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

Online mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »

Hate to admit it, but I had to Google your quote SW. Should have known it for sure.

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 07:30:17 PM »

Hate to admit it, but I had to Google your quote SW. Should have known it for sure.

The quote is brilliant, but I had to look it up too.  Too much time has gone by, though it doesn't feel that way. Prolly need to find a copy of the old movie and watch it.

Offline son_of_montfort

• Ego rex Jerusalem et Sicilie, comitatus Provincie et Folcalquierii
  • Crossbowman
  • The Electronic Eremite
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »

I'm really mixed in my feelings. Part of me is sad about the transition. Part of me is not missing certain aspects. Part of me still pokes into the Gaming thread just to see what is up.

But we have some of the best and brightest already here. With a few more people coming over, I think we have a real contender here!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we’ll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert