Author Topic: Nice!  (Read 5951 times)

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
Re: Nice!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
I like how you guys are Old Guards and Newbs at the same time. Talk about covering all the bases.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"We're so fooked." - me

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »
How does one qualify for 'Old Guard'? Do I have to be a member of the Ancient Order of the Turtle or something?....
I, too, am curious as to what the criteria is to be considered a member of the "Old Guard."

"Old Guard" is essentially the group of us who hang together. Part "founders club" and part "old friends" it more or less means that if you're part of the soft launch and are in the loop you're included. We've got a private forum similar to R&P at WG, but other than that there aren't any differences between regulars. Likely in the next week or so we'll close off adding folks. If we do add anyone after that it will likely involve both Jarhead and sheep, so be careful what you ask for.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »

Why not post the rest of the requirements here so everyone will know?

Does this mean you're still interested? YES! Pay dirt...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Greybriar

• Condottieri
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, LongBlade.

Sure, Jarhead.  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Online Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »
Old Guards....sounds interesting, not sure if I qualify, but if I do, sign me up :)

Offline gabeeg

• Velites
  • Large Balls
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »
Sometimes I fart when I don't mean to...not sure that qualifies for the old guard but please add me to the prematurely old farts club.
I am exited about the possibilities for Grogheads...I have a new hangout.
Kind Regards,
Harry

Offline son_of_montfort

• Ego rex Jerusalem et Sicilie, comitatus Provincie et Folcalquierii
  • Crossbowman
  • The Electronic Eremite
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
If we do add anyone after that it will likely involve both Jarhead and sheep, so be careful what you ask for.

Wait, none of you other old guards had to do the Sheep test for this round? Damn it LB!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we’ll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
If we do add anyone after that it will likely involve both Jarhead and sheep, so be careful what you ask for.

Wait, none of you other old guards had to do the Sheep test for this round? Damn it LB!

correction...none of them other than me.

Its ok. I rather liked it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Centurion40

• Captain Obvious
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
Sometimes I fart when I don't mean to...not sure that qualifies for the old guard but please add me to the prematurely old farts club.
I am exited about the possibilities for Grogheads...I have a new hangout.

Now THAT's funny!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Offline Toonces

• Longbowman
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »
Just found out that this website escapes THE MAN's "games" internet filter, so I can post here at work.

Swwweeeeeeet!   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG