Car Crash Attack outside Parliament in London

Started by bayonetbrant, August 14, 2018, 05:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45180120

QuoteWestminster car crash: Man arrested on suspicion of terror offences

A man has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after a car crashed outside the Houses of Parliament, injuring several people.

Officers were seen surrounding the vehicle before the man in his late 20s was detained, shortly after 07:30 BST.

London Ambulance Service said it had taken two patients to hospital with non life-threatening injuries after cyclists and pedestrians were hit.

No one else was in the car and no weapons have been found so far.

"At this stage, we are treating this as a terrorist incident and the Met's Counter Terrorism Command is now leading the investigation," said Scotland Yard.

The man is in custody at a south London police station and the vehicle is being searched. The government's Cobra emergency committee is meeting later.

more at the link

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

the 'man' is not cooperating with the investigators, so the reports
draw your own conclusions...

bayonetbrant

Terror suspects rarely cooperate with police regardless of the color of their skin
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 14, 2018, 07:08:16 AM
Terror suspects rarely cooperate with police regardless of the color of their skin

Or their court-ordered psychiatrists. "Draw your own conclusions"

JasonPratt

I saw snippets of this as I was leaving for work today, but couldn't figure out why the incident was being treated as an intentional (thus terror) attack.

The injury of pedestrians by the car seems to be why, along with the attitude of the driver, i.e. not explaining it was an accident and being concerned about the welfare of people hit while on the way to the barricade, but rather being uncooperative.

Of course, a psychiatric incident could also be a terror attack of a sort -- the two concepts certainly aren't mutually exclusive. (It could even be an organized terror attack, of a sort, and also a major psychiatric problem.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MikeGER

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 14, 2018, 07:08:16 AM

interesting unveiling kneejerk reaction by Brant, isn't it  ^-^
i never mentioned any pigmentation grade of that person under terror suspect investigation at all

well, its not my fault that white old cis man, who may or may not can trace their ancestry back beyond Robin of Loxley, are so seldom got inspired by IS ideology for attacks in Great Britain in the past ::)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MikeGER on August 14, 2018, 09:13:18 AM
i never mentioned any pigmentation grade of that person under terror suspect investigation at all

you drew a fucking red circle around the only black face in the picture

you don't get to tell me about knee-jerk reactions

to reiterate:
Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2018, 09:14:03 AMCut the crap Mike.

em2nought

Looks like this calls for a preemptive arrest of Tommy Robinson before he says something.  :-"
Stolen elections have consequences.

MikeGER

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 14, 2018, 09:34:23 AM

1. i drew nothing !
i just forwarded the first news picture that i got available on twitter for those who interested to get a first glimpse at the suspect

2. the red circle is not around the only black face, its around the single suspect in a, i guess the photo journalist thought, confusing crowd of officers including a possible quilted jacket plainclothes officer.

i don't care about the skin colors of a (very likely IS inspired) terrorist 

You brought 'skin color' into the discussion because you just see possible racism subtext everywhere these days  ...and so the funny JSW kneejerk indignation

3. my draw you own conclusion phrase was clearly only in relation with suspect 'don't cooperate' so -> likely terrorist 
(while mental ill, speak when arrested about: getting ordered by demons, or bikers overrun were alien invaders, and such.... and roadrage drivers also talk)

-back to topic
A man suspected of carrying out a terrorist attack outside the Houses of Parliament has been named as 29-year-old Sudanese immigrant Salih Khater.

source:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/westminster-terror-crash-suspect-drove-around-london-for-hours-a3911721.htmlcirceling
(guess what, that newspaper had a red circle around suspect too ...seems to be the standard, (pun intended ;))  

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MikeGER on August 15, 2018, 02:05:10 AM

1. i drew nothing !
i just forwarded the first news picture that i got available on twitter for those who interested to get a first glimpse at the suspect
To be fair to MikeGER - he didn't put the red circle round the suspect. The media did that. I saw The Metro this morning in the office and it had a big red circle round the suspect.
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 15, 2018, 02:38:10 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on August 15, 2018, 02:05:10 AM

1. i drew nothing !
To be fair to MikeGER - he didn't put the red circle round the suspect. The media did that. I saw The Metro this morning in the office and it had a big red circle round the suspect.

I stand corrected.  Thank you both for the clarification

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

I know what that is in the red circle. It's a white guy standing outside in Buffalo, N.Y. in January with his eyes closed.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.