Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 80s Week 1 Final 4

Started by MetalDog, January 18, 2018, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

There is most assuredly a way I want this Bracket to turn out.  I will say that I sang one of these remaining songs, got a standing ovation, and was asked back by the bar owner.  Noone asked, but, there it is.  Vote'em up, peeps!

The 4/16

The 2/6

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bubblehead1971

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

the really sad thing in this is that the Satellites have about 20 songs better than that one, but it's the 'gimmick' song that became their big hit

When Dan Baird came thru town promoting his solo album, I got him to autograph my copy of the Satellites' greatest hits.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 18, 2018, 09:41:21 PM
Crazy little thing, then?

;)

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 18, 2018, 09:50:17 PM
the really sad thing in this is that the Satellites have about 20 songs better than that one, but it's the 'gimmick' song that became their big hit

If I had a nickel for every time you've said that about them, I'd have at least a dollar. :P

Tuna

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 18, 2018, 09:31:25 PM
Gods, let it not be Journey...

Yeah, was never a fan of Journey. Though Neil Schon is a phenomenal guitarist.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on January 18, 2018, 11:04:58 PM
If I had a nickel for every time you've said that about them any band, I'd have at least a dollar the GNP of a European country. :P

FTFY

bayonetbrant

If I had a nickel for every time you've said that about them, I'd have at least a dollar. :P

Has it really come up that much?  We hardly ever talk about the Satellites here...  Sorry  :-\
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 19, 2018, 08:35:20 AM

Has it really come up that much?  We hardly ever talk about the Satellites here...  Sorry  :-\

You're not too bad about it, Brant. It's only about every third or fourth post you make in these threads.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on January 19, 2018, 08:41:36 AM

You're not too bad about it, Brant. It's only about every third or fourth post you make in these threads.

not about the Satellites...

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 19, 2018, 09:13:53 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 19, 2018, 08:41:36 AM

not about the Satellites...

No, you do it across the board :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

:2funny:

The boy has passion for it, and that's not a bad thing.

bayonetbrant