Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Started by Martok, December 12, 2017, 01:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Dang, this one slipped past my radar.  No release date announced yet:   

http://store.steampowered.com/app/704450/Neverwinter_Nights_Enhanced_Edition/

Enhanced Features:

-   Improved Display: Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on your chosen resolution including 1080p and 4k.
    -   Advanced Graphics Options: Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Enable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options as preferred.
    -   Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers,
        and modders.
    -   Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights. A galaxy of community created content awaits.

All the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition:

The original Neverwinter Nights campaign: Find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.

Two expansion packs:
    Shadows of Undrentide: Another adventure begins in Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.

Hordes of the Underdark: Continue the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide and journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.

Three premium modules:
Discover over 40 hours of new stories, then go on to sample the hundreds of modules created by community members just like you.

Kingmaker
    ShadowGuard
    Witch's Wake

The Aurora Toolset: Build your own world full of unique monsters, items, traps, encounters, and settings, then share your creation with the rest of the Neverwinter Nights community. (Windows only)

Dungeon Master Client: Become the storyteller! Control monsters, creatures, and characters your players will meet over the course of an adventure.

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I think I have the Diamond Edition on my rig somewhere...I don't know if it's worth the re-buy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Swatter

Another easy pickup. Hordes of the Underdark was one of my favorite games of all time.

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on December 12, 2017, 01:20:06 PM
I think I have the Diamond Edition on my rig somewhere...I don't know if it's worth the re-buy.

Same.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Great game. Played the hell outta it back in the day but couldn't go back that far now I don't think. Still it is great that the old girl's getting some love.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

RommelFox

Oh man, I'm excited for this. 

Really glad to see it will work with existing community created content.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Martok

Quote from: RommelFox on December 13, 2017, 07:59:10 PM
Oh man, I'm excited for this. 

Really glad to see it will work with existing community created content.
That's the biggest reason I'm interested in it.  Like Gus & mirth, I already own the Diamond Edition (on GOG), but the prospect of access to the additional content alone would be worthwhile. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

They really know how to lure us suckers in
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Right you are. No better time to have something to sell that has 'never winter' in it's name than when half the country's up to their belly buttons in snow.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Gusington

Just a couple of inches but as you know that is up to my belly button.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2017, 09:19:00 AM
Just a couple of inches but as you know that is up to my belly button.

No need to brag  :2funny:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

On a more serious note....

I LOVE this game. One of the best RPG's ever made. Too bad the MMO was "meh" I spent so many hours trying to recreate some of my favorite D&D modules in that Aurora tool set.

So many good memories!  :'(