Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, October 22, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

1967.  Just take a look at all your choices.  That's a stellar f-ing lineup if I have ever seen one.  Regardless of where you are at with any of these songs (played out, hate those guys, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah), the reason you got that way is because these songs were created in the first place.  Some of these songs are the definition of the definition of "classic."  Love'm or hate'm, you gotta give'm their due.

Having said that, let the hate begin.  A Day in the Life has been a 'top song of all time' in many lists, charts, and critics polls, since it's release.  Nothing before it ever sounded like Break on Through.  You guys hate The Beatles and The Doors.  One of them will have to advance.  So deal with it.  There are career topping songs from the Stones, Jimi, Sam & Dave, Aretha, and on, and on.  And I jumbled them all up so you have to get your knickers in a twist deciding which one to pick.  Never before I have I felt so much like Mr. Burns, rubbing his hands together, muttering, "Excellent," as I do now. 

Hope you enjoy making the choices.   :DD  Thanks for participating.

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

trailrunner

Quote from: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
A Day in the Life has been a 'top song of all time' in many lists, charts, and critics polls, since it's release.  Nothing before it ever sounded like Break on Through.  You guys hate The Beatles and The Doors. 

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but this is one of the few songs they did that I like.  The Doors can do no wrong.

The rest of the choices were tough.  Your lineup demonstrates that 1967 was a great year indeed.

As always, thanks for putting this together!

bayonetbrant

A couple of these were pretty tough.  Then there was the 5/12 "which one do I want to see get it's ass kicked in the next round" choice :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Quote from: trailrunner on October 22, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
A Day in the Life has been a 'top song of all time' in many lists, charts, and critics polls, since it's release.  Nothing before it ever sounded like Break on Through.  You guys hate The Beatles and The Doors. 

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but this is one of the few songs they did that I like.  The Doors can do no wrong.

The rest of the choices were tough.  Your lineup demonstrates that 1967 was a great year indeed.

So say we all.   :bd:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Quote from: OJsDad on October 22, 2017, 07:01:50 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on October 22, 2017, 05:56:45 PM

So say we all.   :bd:

+1 !

MetalDog

You are all indeed too kind.  I really am glad you are all enjoying this with me.  It's gratifying to put the new poll up and check back in an hour to see how many votes came in and see that a bunch of you have already dropped by.  I don't always agree with how you're voting, but, you don't always agree with how I seeded them.  Or even what I included, so, I guess we're even  O0  :)

Pete Dero

not one bad song in there ... good musical year.