Decades Feeder Bracket - 1996 Championship

Started by MetalDog, October 21, 2017, 10:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Had a sneaking suspicion it might come down to these two after the Round of 16 saw them through.  It pains me to have a 16 so close to the win.  It would be super embarrassing to me to have that happen.  But, it's a boss song and a great reminder of 1996 for me.  Another not surprise is seeing Natalie Merchant here.  I like the song very much.  Not more than some of the ones she beat to get here, but, that's why we vote for them.  Hope you enjoy deciding their fate.  Have at!

The 6/16

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I'm torn - both artists I generally like, but these aren't my first-choice songs from either...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 22, 2017, 06:31:15 AM
I'm torn - both artists I generally like, but these aren't my first-choice songs from either...

I'm shocked.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 22, 2017, 06:31:15 AM

I'm torn is from 1997 !

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

I'll say this - that Natalie Merchant album is a grossly-underrated tour de force of guitar playing.  The entire album is solid lead lines underneath virtually everything - choruses, verses, intros, everywhere.  It's not like it's just a bunch of 4/4 folksy chord-strumming under her singing.  Good luck trying to play along with most of that album.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

The winner of 1996 is....Natalie Merchant!  Thank you all for voting  :bd:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on October 24, 2017, 05:45:03 AM
The winner of 1996 is....Natalie Merchant!  Thank you all for voting  :bd:

thank goodness

it's not one of my favorite Natalie Merchant song, but it's much closer to the top of songs from her that I like than The World I Know is to the top of the Collective Soul songs I like