Steel Division 1944 (by wargame red dragon devs) in game trailer and unit stream

Started by Destraex, March 29, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Yes. Would be good to get a group together for a bash against the AI.
Keep in mind that unless we can fill a public 10v10 fast then a private server is 4v4. Although one can host a 10v10 privately if one fills out a form and mucks around to create a server
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Hofstadter

Yeah if there's a group thing could I join? I need to clock more time on it.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JasonPratt

First thing I suppose would be to sign up with the Groghead Steam group if you aren't already there. Easier to friend each other that way, and to check via Steam whether anyone's up for playing a game. (I just noticed you're in the GH steam group so I sent a friend invitation Hof. I sent invitations out to most of the Grogs I recognized and have talked with to some extent, but I haven't petitioned everyone I recognized yet I guess, just looking at the list again now! The request will be from "Sabreman" which I suppose I should change to include "JRP" or something for easier recognition.)

Unfortunately, SD doesn't have, like, clans or anything yet. You have to set friend groups manually, within its own engine, which is currently still borked. Jamus and I got a game started (the other night) but couldn't friend each other so we had to do a public match and rush to get in. (I'm friended in the game system with Barthheart and Jarhead, with whom I've had a couple of co-op matches though not recently.)

While looking for Hof on Steam, I tried finding Destraex, but couldn't.  ???

Incidentally, with SD's own mp servers down the other night, Jamus and I punched a lot of orcs in Dawn of War: Soulstorm. I'm also teaching W8aminute, and at least one other new player who isn't a Groghead member (yet) but a friend of a friend.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

JasonPratt

All that requires is for us to all be together online at once, and not doing anything else already!

:hide: :dreamer:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Destraex

Yep. Well you guys know where I am :)
Some naval action guys also now have me on call for port battles...
But its gaming... so whenever the moons align.

@Jason... when we play through discord or steam its easier with Eugen games to add friends when setting up games... as other friends can invite friends into the game and then you can friend them.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Destraex on August 21, 2017, 06:39:34 PM
@Jason... when we play through discord or steam its easier with Eugen games to add friends when setting up games... as other friends can invite friends into the game and then you can friend them.

Sure! -- if Eugen has fixed their friend add/connection system.  :buck2:

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 22, 2017, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Destraex on August 21, 2017, 06:39:34 PM

Sure! -- if Eugen has fixed their friend add/connection system.  :buck2:
Still borked as of last night
Insert witty comment here.

Hofstadter

Yeah I added a bunch of people from the grogheads list too.

I kept looking at the damn girl in steam and telling myself to play it...
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Destraex

We still can. I just create a game called destraex's game. You see it in the lobby and join. Did this last night with a mate.

Destraex

Hopefully this will fix things. I have no idea why only two hard drives are involved. It's unusual for such a problem to happen. It's like the friends server was one computer in a back room somewhere, instead of a data centre using distributed computing and taken care of by a third party.

"Hello everyone,
Twelve days ago, a malfunction on our servers started to prevent new players to create their account to access our online services. It was followed by a complete crash of our servers, making online play impossible for 48 hours. This was due to the simultaneous and sudden death of both the hard drives containing the databases.
This was the first time, since the release of Wargame: European Escalation in 2012, we were experiencing such a serious breakdown.
We have switched our servers and our online services to a new, more stable architecture.
We also are changing the way friend list are managed on Steam, and Steel Division: Normandy 44 and Wargame: Red Dragon will now use the Steam Friend List system (an update will be available for Act of Aggression: Reboot Edition as well). To do so, we had to reinitiate the friend list, and a few of you might have to complete your friend list by adding them on Steam. The system will be improved in the coming days.
There will be a short server maintenance tomorrow at 10AM CEST to switch to this new friend list system.
We would like to thank you all for your support, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Eugen Systems"

JasonPratt

We'll see. Des, are you on Steam's Grogheads group? I tried to find you on the Grogheads group, but failed.

jamus34

Looks like everything is back up and running. Sadly on a random basis the game is mostly dead (120 people logged in last night)

JP and I had a game yesterday. I wouldn't necessarily call it a good game but a game. Right now I'm a liability as my decks are all late game decks and on conquest that is a loss. Still working on improving that but on 2v2 map there is not a lot of forgiveness. 3v3 would probably be more supportive for a late deck build.

That said, I feel my infantry held out pretty well, although it seemed I was losing units that were in cover and not suppressed so that was a bit head-scratching.

Going to continue working on decks but would like to get a larger 3v3 or 4v4 game going if there's anyone else interested at some point.
Insert witty comment here.