What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 10, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
What are you fighting?  Fire elementals?  :)

Heh. Yeah, the Russians had some unusual allies.

Those are the GM's  fancy blast markers for the off board arty.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

BanzaiCat

I traded with a friend and got a copy of Tide of Iron (the original, not Next Wave), which is something I've wanted since I saw it at a convention in the mid-2000s. I saw the Stalingrad expansion for more than half off so I bought a copy...couldn't resist that one. Games are the salve that ease the pain!

Silent Disapproval Robot

You'll want to grab Fury of the Bear as well in order to get the most out of the Stalingrad set.  A lot of the scenarios use components from both expansions.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 11, 2017, 08:36:27 AM
You'll want to grab Fury of the Bear as well in order to get the most out of the Stalingrad set.  A lot of the scenarios use components from both expansions.

On my list, thanks. It's $59.95 on Amazon right now; the Stalingrad expansion was only $41. But that one is the next priority for TOI stuff.

Silent Disapproval Robot

BanzaiCat

Oh hell, that's a very good price!

Unfortunately my bandwidth is tapped out at the moment. I only have some potential in Amazon gift card credit right now.

I wanted to get the Fallout board game very much but it's a ridiculous $99.99 US on Amazon, whereas local gaming stores sell it for about $60. Fields of Fire is another one on my radar too. I didn't expect to get Tide of Iron but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 12, 2017, 07:07:11 AM
http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/1903-Tide-Of-Iron-Fury-of-the-Bear.aspx

Edit: LOL, I checked to see what the shipping cost is for S&G, and it said "we are not currently shipping to your region." Racists! ;)

BanzaiCat

Can't find any threads in the forums re: Fields of Fire. Anyone play it?

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 12, 2017, 08:09:02 AM
Can't find any threads in the forums re: Fields of Fire. Anyone play it?

Another one on my "clipped but yet unplayed" list. 

Time for an intervention.  #:-)

BanzaiCat

...and clipping is half the battle!

mirth

Some heroes don't wear capes. They clip counters.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

trailrunner

Bastogne, Standard Combat Series.

After mostly playing ASL this year, I'm looking forward to something simpler.  When I was young, I remember playing AH's Bulge when I was home from school on Christmas break.  It seemed sort of appropriate since the actual battle took place in December, and even though I lived in southern California, I tried to imagine what it would have been like to be fighting in the cold snow, or trying not to get killed on Christmas eve.

Anyway, back to Bastogne -- I have the Americans set up, but haven't set up the Germans yet since that involves actual thought.  I'm going to be off work for two weeks starting this Friday, and might try to play a turn a day synched to the actual dates of the battle, although I'll be out of town for the first two turns, so I'll either play the first turn before I leave or play a couple of catch-up turns.  I might even get ambitious and write an AAR as I go along. 

One minor bummer -- I discovered that I'm missing a German counter.  I've only played the game twice with a friend, and those were the mini-scenarios that didn't use that counter.  Not the end of the world, and as I said in the previous paragraph, at least no one is trying to kill me on Christmas eve, so I can't get too upset.

mirth

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak