Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Talk to me after B5 has had 50 years of different movies/books/series.  :P
As for TAS, a lot of the stories were really good. The animation was laughable, true. But go take a look at some of the names that wrote for it. And if you haven't read them the Star Trek Log books based on it are excellent.
And DS9 >>>> BS5 any day of the week/month/year.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Most of the Trek books are rubbish. Granted, the Diane Duane books with Ensign Horta are excellent.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Yeah, I agree about most of the Trek books being rubbish. But the Star Trek Log books by Alan Dean Foster were good.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

This thread is strong in the nerd power.

Im-pressive.   :clap:

bbmike

Here's nerd power for you:
I noticed that in the TAS picture above, Lt. M'Ress is wearing a red uniform (Operations) but has a science insignia on her badge! And yes fellow nerds, I know there's probably several attempts out there at explaining how that may be possible.  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

This one took me by surprise...Amazon Prime, Last Flag Flying.

Former Navy Corps medic Richard "Doc" Shepherd (Steve Carell) re-unites with ex-Marines Sal (Bryan Cranston) and Mueller (Laurence Fishburne) because...well, it's best left to the trailer and the movie itself. Very powerful stuff and good to see Steve Carell in such an emotional role.

mirth

Steve Carell is an underrated actor. He was outstanding in The Big Short.

BanzaiCat

I warn you, if you watch it, be prepared for water works. It brought tears to my eyes several times.

Gusington

You cry??

BTW as you probably know, I am the Big Short.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Jewish Missile, the Gimp, the Big Short - you have many names