2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Aveeno would've worked too. Or Vaseline. If you can find any in that town. I hear it's in short supply because you have to wait them to deliver it in the rear... of the stores I mean.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

I'm a huge Montana fan, but there really is no question about who is the GOAT

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/955474990966759424
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

There's been 52 Super Bowls, counting this year.

On the AFC side, 31 of them have included either New England, Pittsburgh, Denver, or Miami. (and Buffalo, Oakland, and the Colts give you another 11, since one of the Colts games was before they moved to the AFC).  So basically, 7 teams have kind of locked down the AFC over time.

On the NFC side, 29 had either Dallas, SF, Green Bay, Washington, or the Giants, but other than Minnesota's 4-games-o'-never-even-havin'-a-lead, there's not another consistent NFC team.
You get a lot more 'occasional' participants (i.e., more hope for more teams!) in the NFC
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Steelgrave

Fans of 31 other teams will probably quote this video as Gospel for as long as the Pats continue their reign. To some, "satire" is a foreign concept.   L:-)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 25, 2018, 09:24:03 PM
Fans of 31 other teams will probably quote this video as Gospel for as long as the Pats continue their reign. To some, "satire" is a foreign concept.   L:-)

Yup. If Snopes has to have a thing on it then you know there's people out there that think that's for real.  ::)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

The one with Brady showing his 4 SB rings needs an arrow going to his wedding ring with a title of something like 'hot super model wife'
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

Very good, and sad.... because it's probably true.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

I have no interest in the Super Bowl this Sunday, tbh. I kind of like the Eagles as I know a few people that love them, but I despise the Pats. On top of that the commercials have declined in hilarity a lot in the last several years.

Besides, the Pats will just pound the Eagles, so who cares.