Discuss GrogCast Season 2!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 08, 2015, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Melchett on September 21, 2015, 06:25:48 PMthe development of Warfighter.

Are you referring to The Warfighter Series of modern platoon-level games, or DVG's "Warfighter, the tactical special forces card game"?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

Quote from: Melchett on September 21, 2015, 06:25:48 PM
I'm new here, so please excuse me if I'm about to FNG, but who needs Wheaton. Go for someone like Martin Wallace or Dan Verssen. I'd love to hear Verssen talk about the development of Warfighter.

Oh damn he brought up Warfighter...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Melchett

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 21, 2015, 08:15:34 PM
Quote from: Melchett on September 21, 2015, 06:25:48 PMthe development of Warfighter.

Are you referring to The Warfighter Series of modern platoon-level games, or DVG's "Warfighter, the tactical special forces card game"?

The latter.

bayonetbrant

New episode is up today...  current events & wargaming
http://grogheads.com/?podcast=grogcast-season-2-episode-3

edit: updated link
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Bison

BanzaiCat

This was just sent to Gunny R. Lee Ermey

http://www.rleeermey.com/forms/gunny.php

The following message has been sent.

Name: Michael Eckenfels
Contact Reason: Contact the Gunny

Message: Gunny...I am one of two hosts for a wargaming/gaming/current events podcast called The GrogCast. This is an offshoot of the GrogHeads website where gamers of all stripes go to discuss all things gaming-, history-, and military-related. The site is GrogHeads (www.grogheads.com). I'm wanting to expand the podcast a bit and add voiceovers to our segues, to introduce each section in the podcast. I/we were wondering if this is something you do. We wouldn't need much...something along the lines of "What did you play this week, maggot?" and "Time to drop and give me five" (this being a top five pick kind of thing), and a few others that I have in mind. Perhaps four to six short lines total. If you don't do this kind of thing, no worries. Thank you for your time, Gunny - much appreciated in either case.

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

I won't ask what your cheeks are full of, there...

bayonetbrant

I was looking for a "don't hold your breath" meme.  Best I could do on short notice while listening to public speaking students

bayonetbrant

Just a heads-up that this week's GrogCast is a pretty unique one, and I think y'all are really going to dig it :)

bayonetbrant

Episode 4 is up!  And you can listen with your kids on this one :D

(not you, Star)

mirth

Finally some intelligent game talk! :P