Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

I'm buying the F-5E and the Normandy 1944 Map + WWII Assets Pack as I have all WWII fighters except the spitfire. I'm looking at NTTR but I have the Gulf so would I just be looking at more sand? (NTTR used to be the go-to map for DCS 2.x)

Jarhead0331

I think Nevada is a great map. Its got Vegas, Nellis AFB, etc. Totally worth having in my opinion.

Its true though...the Gulf map blows everything away, and its hardly all sand. Really diverse terrain...Flying around Dubai still has not gotten old.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mbar

Are there currently more missions available for most modules in NTTR or about the same? (excluding the missions like Red Flag that can be bought)

Grim.Reaper

So the Harrier.....any thoughts on this one?  Would love to get it, but seems like it has been in early access forever......I assume one day it will get finished.  How far along is it?  Worth it even if the Hornet takes up a good amount of time?

Pete Dero

Quote from: mbar on June 25, 2018, 03:36:17 PM
Are there currently more missions available for most modules in NTTR or about the same? (excluding the missions like Red Flag that can be bought)

I think most are for the Caucasus map as this one is the oldest available map.  Least amount of content seems to be for the Normandy map. 
But many free missions and campaigns are obsolete as DCS updates the game.  Campaigns you bought should get updates but others might no longer work as planned.

With the quick mission generator you can quickly set up your own missions (and then there is the editor to build missions from scratch) so content shouldn't be an issue.
Remember many campaigns are 50% off for the summer sale.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 25, 2018, 06:31:51 PM
So the Harrier.....any thoughts on this one?  Would love to get it, but seems like it has been in early access forever......I assume one day it will get finished.  How far along is it?  Worth it even if the Hornet takes up a good amount of time?

Half of the modules in the store are in early access so don't let that stop you. 

Jarhead0331

The Harrier is great, but the thing that annoys me is that there are still no interactive training missions for it. They should have had some of these at EA release, and certainly by now. Cold start, VTOL, etc. I find these missions and walk-throughs are invaluable. Not having them hampered my learning of the aircraft and I just didn't have the incentive to learn it from youtube. The training missions for the hornet, for instance, are fantastic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 26, 2018, 05:37:13 AM
The Harrier is great, but the thing that annoys me is that there are still no interactive training missions for it. They should have had some of these at EA release, and certainly by now. Cold start, VTOL, etc. I find these missions and walk-throughs are invaluable. Not having them hampered my learning of the aircraft and I just didn't have the incentive to learn it from youtube. The training missions for the hornet, for instance, are fantastic.

Thanks, I took the plunge so hoping all these aircraft eventually make it out of early access....but good price to give it a shot.

JudgeDredd

RIO AI for the Tomcat

Alba gu' brath

Millipede

Does anyone know if the F-14 is going to be multi-player capable, pilot and RIO in the same plane?

Skoop

Multi crew MP AC is the intent.  I would assume it's a goal for the F14, there's other AC that need it as well...Huey, gazelle among others.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 26, 2018, 05:37:13 AM
The Harrier is great, but the thing that annoys me is that there are still no interactive training missions for it.

Lack of training missions is lame, but the aircraft isnt that complicated.

I was able to figure out almost everything in about 4 hours by watching YouTube videos. (I still suck at the 'L' in VTOL)

Weapon systems are easy, flight systems easy...I mean, HELL, USMC uses it!

Millipede

Quote from: Skoop on June 29, 2018, 02:02:23 PM
Multi crew MP AC is the intent.  I would assume it's a goal for the F14, there's other AC that need it as well...Huey, gazelle among others.

Thanks Skoop... I'm trying to develop patience so I'll just relax and sit back with my fingers crossed.

Nefaro

Quote from: Skoop on June 29, 2018, 02:02:23 PM

Also the F-4.

Probable AH-64A on down the road.

Unrelated, but I was also recently told by regulars that the MiG-23 is back on the schedule after that brief freak-out by the Russian gov't.  Definitely needed for filling out more of the Red Team's older Cold War 3rd gens.  As far as I've seen the A-7 Corsair and Mirage III are also on the solid plan, among others.  70s era PvP servers lotsa fun - missiles less effective and more close-in dogfighting.  :coolsmiley:

Grim.Reaper

Now I bought the viggen...sale is killing me:)