DnD 5e

Started by BanzaiCat, January 17, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Possibly, thanks.

I was wondering just now actually if it were possible to get a cool Monk figure and just alter it to look like a Tiefling. Even if that means getting a Tiefling figure and chopping the tail off, and gluing it back on the Monk. ;)

And sorry, I can't justify spending hundreds to go to Origins in the off chance I can spend $20 on a box of minis.  :-\

Bison

I'd look that the Reaper ones.  You might just need to alter the mini by cutting off a sword or something.  The key to the tiefling is the tail and horns.  :D

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

That is pretty epic.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Bison

Tales from the Yawning Portal is the next scheduled release.  It's a collection of modules from the history of D&D.  I think approved LGS will be able to start selling next week with the general public release on 4 April.  I've got mixed feelings about the content, but some of the adventures included are classics that I'm really happy a new generation of gamers will get to experience.

bayonetbrant

Bison

Goodman Games is pleased to announce a partnership with Dungeons & Dragons to publish deluxe collector's editions of classic D&D adventure modules! These commemorative editions will appeal to fans of Dungeons & Dragons across multiple editions. Each volume will include digitally restored, high-quality scans of the original 1970's-era adventure modules, presented in their original published form.

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/adventure-modules

This is pretty cool.  I love seeing the old classics reprinted.  Depending on the price point for these collectors editions, I may very well snag a copy.  Of course, I do have an original Keep on the Borderlands in my box o' stuff down in the basement.

Yskonyn

The iPad app for complete character management probably is Hero Lab by Lone Wolf.
Hero Lab is also available on PC and your character portfolios are interchangable between the mobile and desktop version.
DMs can also use the app to manage encounters.

Lone Wolf is also the developer of Realm Works; a comprehensive campaign manager suite and world builder. I have both applications and can recommend them both. O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Bison

Two new products for 5e were announced a couple of weeks ago.

Tomb of Annihilation  This is another campaign book set in Chult.  This could be an interesting deviation from the last few set in the Sword Coast.

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/tomb-annihilation

And the one I'm most excited about is Xanathar's Guide to Everything

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/xanathars-guide-everything

This one looks like an Unearthed Arcana sort of book.  20 new sub-classes and new feats, spells, and backgrounds.  Good stuff.

BanzaiCat

The group I left a few months back posted that they were looking for new players recently, so I think I'm going to re-join the campaign.

I didn't really feel the Tiefling Monk, so I'm probably going to go with a Half-Orc Barbarian. I think I want to role-play a character that doesn't want to be burdened by armor, like the Monk, and also I think a Half-Orc will be a challenge to role-play.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 10, 2017, 06:49:03 PMI think a Half-Orc will be a challenge to role-play.

just put in some imaginary tusks and try to talk like Mirth, but in grunts.