Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo B

Quote from: LoganismyHERO on September 12, 2019, 12:56:28 PM
I'm sure the line to help beta test is long, but please, add me to that list.

Your game looks to be a real winner and I hope it plays as good as it looks.

just subscribe to the newsletter for to get informations about the beta  :)
http://www.hexdraw.com/Word/?page_id=311

A Canadian Cat

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 11, 2019, 06:32:40 PM
Russian tanks have actual red stars on them.
Is that a marking that was on Soviet tanks in WW2? I did a google image search and found way less than one percent of WW2 images have any kind of star on a Soviet tank in a picture let a lone red. There are a ton of models, drawings and modern photos with red stars on WW2 tanks but I only found one picture taken in WW2 with a star on a Soviet tank.

Sir Slash

I can't understand that. Every comic book I read as a kid had red stars on their Russky tanks.  :o  I know, it was less common than commonly thought but compared to CMBB, the Red Thunder Russian tanks just look naked. I use one of the mods that add decals to them to satisfy my non-historically accurate tastes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jo B

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on September 13, 2019, 08:44:02 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 11, 2019, 06:32:40 PM
Russian tanks have actual red stars on them.
Is that a marking that was on Soviet tanks in WW2? I did a google image search and found way less than one percent of WW2 images have any kind of star on a Soviet tank in a picture let a lone red. There are a ton of models, drawings and modern photos with red stars on WW2 tanks but I only found one picture taken in WW2 with a star on a Soviet tank.
well but the red star looks nice. I think about rusian helmets with red star on front

Jo B

we got another mention in the press: :dreamer:
rockpapershotgun.com.
Y is for Yearnworthy:
"Like a deftly driven Kubelwagen that's trailing a column of dawdling Tigers one minute and leading it the next,
Second Front swept to the head of my Highly Anticipated Wargames list in the blink of an eye. By the time I'd finished
the first couple of vids in this collection, I was a proto fan."
at end of this page
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/09/13/the-flare-path-a2z-12/

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Nice, you got mentioned by the last good RPS columnist!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jo B

Panzer IV F2 with Schuerzen in the Garage.
new button for show/hide Schuerzen.

Jo B

MMG, destroid (destroyed) HMG, malfunctioned LMG
need to fix the typo

KyzBP

Will we be able to edit the leader names, or anything for that matter?

Jo B

Quote from: KyzBP on September 17, 2019, 05:05:03 AM
Will we be able to edit the leader names, or anything for that matter?
yes. this are just some random names.

Jo B

working on riders jump off.
Tank of the Day: M3A1 half track

Jo B

Tank of the Day No 38: StuPz IV 'Brummbär'
working on Riders Jump, some problems with an important third party tool.
I always avoid using additional software but this I very need. wasted half of the day with try to update.

Sir Slash

That's great. The Brummbar is one of my favorites. O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.