"Six Days in October" -- Organizational Post

Started by Cyrano, September 19, 2016, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

One of them (also named Cy or maybe Sy ??? ) said he'd like to be in the reserves, and I gave him the email address for the game -- if he hasn't registered in yet, I can't recommend counting on him.  :-\

My brother was the other one, and he was worried that he'd either be expected to play it during a week-plus trip to Chicago with his wife and kids (starting Thursday) or that he'd be lost if he got called up when he got back. He did want me to keep him updated on how the game was going, but I can't really do that since I don't know in advance what side he'd be called in on (unless we just designated him a French reserve commander).

Sooo, yeah sorry I've got nuthin' atm.  :-\ :-[
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

I've got a call in to my cousin.  He's pretty busy, but, this is right up his alley.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

James Sterrett

Hatricvs

You are seriously not telling me I have gone from being a novice sitting in the reserve...twiddling my thumbs to being in the high-command on the Prussian side....that's just bonkers!

Hatricvs

You do realise that I have never played this game or a game like it...???

James Sterrett

Quote from: Hatricvs on October 04, 2016, 04:01:26 PM

That's what Freidrich Wilhem said too!   ;)

Barthheart

Quote from: Hatricvs on October 04, 2016, 04:01:26 PM

Welcome to the club! :D

MetalDog

Total n00b here, too.  Am I sensing a theme on the Prussian side............???? ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

What the hell, I randomly drew Napoleon, remember. I've played maybe four Nappy-era games briefly in my life, and definitely nothing in this particular mode.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Cyrano

Experience is absolutely NOT a benefit here in some ways.  Mssr. Bonaparte-Pratt is doing a fine job simply thinking through a lot of this stuff.

Orders in soon!
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Also, new commander in as Augereau!

Welcome back Blackhorse!

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

Cyrano - I haven't posted in this thread (or checked the forums really) since that last post of mine asking to be relieved. I was a dummy trying to take this on; there's too much to try to take in and I just don't have the time. I thought it would be fairly easy to wrap my head around, so shame on me for making that assumption. I haven't been able to read any of the emails sent, either, except the first few, and I'd just hold the entire thing up at this point I think. Let me know.

Cyrano

Gotcha.

Saw your post and should have responded and said what was going on in my head.

Steffan was straight gone so, when Blackhorse stepped up, I slotted him in there.

I'll vacate you from the roster in the hope that one of the folks Dr. S. is recruiting line up.

Jim

Cyrano

No joke, the orders have started rolling in and I'm excited.

Desperately hating not being able to have at my map...

JasonPratt

Nappy has sent his initial orders after much consultation, for the umpire to disburse to the corps.

Now I sit back and wait...  >:D