Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malize

JasonPratt

Unclear. They weren't yesterday afternoon!

Edited to add: Or, checking, last night after 8pm my time (when I was hoping things would be better)!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: malize on April 29, 2012, 01:09:17 AM
So are the forums stable again?

Given your post is dated April of 2012, I would say "no"   ;)  However, you are doing a wonderful impression of Marty McFly!
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Huh. What's even weirder, is I didn't notice that that particular post was misdated. Nor Malize's when he asked me!

This post lists today (11/11) at 3:01 Central US Standard.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Four posts on the forum today since my last one; they're all dated correctly, but the experimental sample size may be too small to bet safely yet.

Five posts now counting this one, dated at 11/11/18, 5:30pm Central Standard US time.

I still kind of recommend waiting until tomorrow afternoon again.

I will say that I haven't seen evidence of actual forum posts being lost. Only a little evidence of p-mails being lost (and maybe they were just back-sorted according to the dating bug, I don't know.)

Tripoli

Jason-I'll send you a test PM in a minute.  See if you receive it

Tripoli

Well, I can't speak for the forum, but the PM system is still messed up.  It won't let me send any messages.  I get the message "You have exceeded the limit of 20 personal messages per hour."  However, I haven't received any messages for almost 2 days.  Of note, the timestamp on the mails is still off.  I sent this email at 6:35 PM CST, and it is stamped 6:53 AM

JasonPratt

That was happening to me, too, back when I was p-mailing.

Also, your date for posting was 2012.

My date was 11/11/18, 9:43 or :44 Central US standard. (I'm mentioning this now with every post, because I have some minor evidence that the dates are retroactively resetting, too, and I'm testing to see if I can catch it.)

malize

Quote from: Tripoli on November 11, 2018, 03:51:31 PM
Quote from: malize on April 29, 2012, 01:09:17 AM
So are the forums stable again?

Given your post is dated April of 2012, I would say "no"   ;)  However, you are doing a wonderful impression of Marty McFly!

Just me, my Delorean, and the flux capacitor...

Tripoli

Jason-For what it's worth, I received your test PM from last night when I logged on this morning.  However, the website won't let me PM a response, as it incorrectly believes I have sent  20f PMs in the past hour.

JasonPratt

Noted. Have you manually logged out and then back in?

I did that for my Surface Pro 3 (Win 8.1) this morning, and I noticed that the system occasionally thinks I still need to log in again.

JasonPratt

Okay, dangit, I forgot to timestamp my last post after making it, so I could do a comparison!!

I see it has gone to April 29, 2012. I can't honestly recall whether I'm sure it read this morning's time this morning.

Well, this proves decisively that manually logging out and logging back in doesn't reset the synch...

Edited to add: this post is the correct time and date, about 1:43 Central US standard, Nov 12, 2018.

Tripoli

Test post.  Being sent at 4:01 PM CST on 12 November

Tripoli

I just sent a test PM to everyone.  Let me know if you got it.  I got a copy I sent to myself, so the PM system may be working

JasonPratt

I replied-to-all on the p-m, that I did get the message.

Also your two posts at 4:02 and 4:08pm (my local time, Nov 12, 2018), came through properly stamped.

Edited to add: as did this post at 5:10pm local time.