The 2015 Baseball Thread

Started by MetalDog, February 02, 2015, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Arctic Blast

How are we just now rolling out awards? Seriously? Another week plus for the MVP to be announced? Everyone has moved on already!

Just start announcing award winners at the start of the World Series. Do one award a day and go until you're finished. Done. This is just stupid.

Bison

Not me.  I've basically given up on football and baseball is about the only sport I really care to follow any more.  Although I have been watching some soccer lately, which isn't too horrible.  If it weren't for their complete acceptance of ties a normal end of a competitive game.  Seriously it's the game that apparently invented the participation award.  "Hey guys.  Good job.  We just ran around the field for 180 minutes and no one won the game!  AWESOME!"  Puh'leeze.

MetalDog

The Braves just traded Andrelton Simmons to the Angels for Erick Aybar, the Angels No. 1 pitching prospect, a couple of low level minor leaguers and $3 million in cash.  I hate that Simmons had to go, but, he was a valuable chip and the Braves are playing for 2017 when the new stadium opens up.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I didn't realize they were shuttering the Atlanta stadium.  I thought it was fairly new.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on November 12, 2015, 08:15:45 PM
I didn't realize they were shuttering the Atlanta stadium.  I thought it was fairly new.

it is new (built for '96 Olympics), but the Braves want to be in the 'burbs where there season ticket-holders are, and where those season ticket holders don't have to go downtown and drive through "those" neighborhoods to get to their games.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/saying-good-bye-as-the-braves-leave-atlanta-for-atlanta/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison