Matrix/Slitherine Steam Weekend Sale

Started by Rayfer, March 09, 2017, 02:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Quote from: MC on March 09, 2017, 03:37:00 PM
It doesn't appear the sale is available on either the Matrix or Slitherine sites. I prefer to buy from them and then activate on Steam. That way I have two sources for the software in case there are issues down the road....

+1 I feel exactly the same way.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Dammit Carl!

Learned my lesson 'bout that the hard way.
-wanna play my WitE and not deal w Steam-

Raied

Finally I can get CC panther in the fog for cheaper, I am thinking to get DC: From warsaw to paris, also Time of Fury since its really cheap now.
Not sure if I should get Oob: blitz or wait more to get lower price.
Heroes of Normandie get really low for first time, I have to think a lot this weekend.

DennisS

So...what is the best game to get for me? I am a big fan of historical games..but need a decent interface. Some of these guys' stuff is obtuse as all hell.

Martok

Quote from: DennisS on March 12, 2017, 01:58:43 PM
So...what is the best game to get for me? I am a big fan of historical games..but need a decent interface. Some of these guys' stuff is obtuse as all hell.
If you like/can stand AGEOD games, then Revolution Under Siege is an easy one to recommend.  Fun strategic challenge, with lots of historical flavor. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on March 12, 2017, 03:28:08 PM
If you like/can stand AGEOD games, then Revolution Under Siege is an easy one to recommend.  Fun strategic challenge, with lots of historical flavor.

Which totally eliminates me, unfortunately. I actually bought Revolution Under Siege when it first came out but the AEGOD system and I never meshed and my copy is in the Land of Unloved Toys.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on March 09, 2017, 05:11:05 PM
Pretty generous.  Not the usual Matrix pricing.  Apparently only on Steam.

Is Thirty Years War good?
I liked it. If you like Ageod games, you should be good to go. If you don't like their game style, then you might not.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Greybriar

I didn't really want to complete my Panzer Corps DLC collection by buying it from Steam instead of Matrix or Slitherine. But I just couldn't pass up purchasing the two Panzer Corps DLCs Sea Lion and Soviet Corps for a total of $7.11 U.S.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Rayfer

I ended up getting Wars of Napoleon. I know it got some bad press/reviews but I really enjoy ACW2 and WoN appears very similar in many ways. Haven't gotten far into it at all but I did notice it has 7 day turns, unlike ACW2's 15 day turns.

Tuna

Quote from: Rayfer on March 13, 2017, 07:01:08 AM
I ended up getting Wars of Napoleon. I know it got some bad press/reviews but I really enjoy ACW2 and WoN appears very similar in many ways. Haven't gotten far into it at all but I did notice it has 7 day turns, unlike ACW2's 15 day turns.

Have been tempted on that one in the past, but the press/reviews have kept me away.

Sir Slash

Same here. Post some impressions Rayfer, if you have time. I need an honest opinion.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.