The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Picked up AssCreed: Origins for ~36.00 on Steam over the weekend. Still on sale for that price until the end of the day today here in the US.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I was tempted mightily by  Silent Hunter 5 for $3.50. It doesn't get much lower than that but user reviews are still pretty grim. So......  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 26, 2018, 09:58:51 AM
I was tempted mightily by  Silent Hunter 5 for $3.50. It doesn't get much lower than that but user reviews are still pretty grim. So......  :-"

Try this (mega)mod : The Wolves of Steel 2.2 - Subsim Community SH5 Expansion Pack

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

Sir Slash

I will check that out. Thanks Pete.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 25, 2018, 10:29:36 PM
Sounds like as good an excuse as any to buy a new game.   O0   Maybe you should try it twice.  :bd:

Hm, I still don't have Caen and Panths in the Fog yet...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 26, 2018, 02:17:59 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 25, 2018, 10:29:36 PM
Sounds like as good an excuse as any to buy a new game.   O0   Maybe you should try it twice.  :bd:

Hm, I still don't have Caen and Pants in the Fog yet...

JP, you'll have to let us know how that one is  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:
Insert witty comment here.

BanzaiCat

I got Motorsport Manager this past weekend but haven't had any time to give it a spin until a bit ago...pretty interesting management game with a hell of a lot of options once you get past your first race.

I'm no way an aficionado of F1-type racing, not nearly as much as JD and others around here, so I have no idea how great it is compared to reality. But it's entertaining enough for a malacca like me.

Also got Metal Dead, a humorous little point-and-click indie adventure that I'll hopefully try soon, and Blood Bowl Chaos Edition, though goodness knows why I bothered with that last one.

Gusington

Baldur's Gate Complete (1, 2, Siege) Enhanced Edition on sale at Fanatical for 10.79.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: jamus34 on March 26, 2018, 02:20:43 PM

JP, you'll have to let us know how that one is  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

I've heard you have to progress one leg at a time, like everyone else, but that it wears out review attempts quickly.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

40K Dawn of War properties (plus the "Space Marine" 3rd Person shooter) are on sale mid-week at Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/30560/

That's for DoW1 -- stuffed full of kick-ass real-time strategy gaming for less than $10. (The story continues and concludes in DoW2 which, in its single-player version, is more of a hero/squad management game. Good, but not the same genre really.)

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2018, 11:52:46 AM

I've heard you have to progress one leg at a time, like everyone else, but that it wears out review attempts quickly.

I thought it was Gus's pet project to fully embrace loon moistening.

Barthheart

Quote from: jamus34 on March 27, 2018, 12:23:29 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2018, 11:52:46 AM

I thought it was Gus's pet project to fully embrace loon moistening.

jamus34

I was about to damn autocorrect but upon further thought I like the autocorrection better

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Fog does have the tendency to moisten the pants of loons.  :hide: