Main Menu

Battle Brothers

Started by Double Deuce, August 20, 2016, 05:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

This is on sale at Gog for 1/3 off ($19.49).  Looks interesting.  Anyone played it lately?  Is it less difficult that it used to be?  What say you?

glen55

And did they ever nerf goblins at all?
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nefaro

I started a new campaign, and a couple battles, within the past few months.  But not enough to get a good picture of the balance or the long game.

Haven't revisited due to Warships in the evenings & other single-player games yet to be done.

ludi1867

Hi

I have put far more time than I think is worthwhile with this game (approx 1000 hours).  The new campaign gets progressively harder, and after 100 days you are fortunate if you are able to complete a three star mission.  There IS an end game (sort of) in the final version.  I have defeated the greenskin invasion a couple of times, and it does allow you to retire after you "win"  BUT it is clearly not the main point of the game.  The main point is simply fighting.  I usually can survive well enough (until about 100 days) but doing well is hard.  It might be worth the discounted price but it might not.....

glen55

Quote from: ludi1867 on September 23, 2017, 04:25:28 PM
Hi

I have put far more time than I think is worthwhile with this game (approx 1000 hours).  The new campaign gets progressively harder, and after 100 days you are fortunate if you are able to complete a three star mission.  There IS an end game (sort of) in the final version.  I have defeated the greenskin invasion a couple of times, and it does allow you to retire after you "win"  BUT it is clearly not the main point of the game.  The main point is simply fighting.  I usually can survive well enough (until about 100 days) but doing well is hard.  It might be worth the discounted price but it might not.....

A potentially great game screwed simply because of difficulty, which one would think would be super-easy to fix.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Moreb

I thought it was too repetitive and lacked any real meaningful depth. The maps were samesy and the lack of magic made the simplistic battles rather boring in short order.
When dongles fly? - mirth

bobarossa

Sounds like I'll wait until it's under $10.

Greybriar

I missed the 50% offer on Steam. :(

Battle Brothers is 35% off at GOG right now, or $19.49 U.S.

It's hell being bored and not interested in playing any of the games in my backlog right now. :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on December 19, 2017, 10:19:23 PM

It's hell being bored and not interested in playing any of the games in my backlog right now. :-\

Been going through the same gaming apathy lately.  Fire something up & then quit 5 minutes later, rinse-repeat.

Keep looking at new ones, thinking the next one might break the slump, but I know that won't do it no matter how good it is.  Need to switch modes, but not sure if I'm in a tabletop or minis mode either.   :uglystupid2:  Drinking heavily, perhaps?  :cowboy:

Greybriar

Quote from: Nefaro on December 19, 2017, 11:56:14 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on December 19, 2017, 10:19:23 PM

Been going through the same gaming apathy lately.  Fire something up & then quit 5 minutes later, rinse-repeat.

Keep looking at new ones, thinking the next one might break the slump, but I know that won't do it no matter how good it is.  Need to switch modes, but not sure if I'm in a tabletop or minis mode either.   :uglystupid2:  Drinking heavily, perhaps?  :cowboy:

Exactly the same here but I am not drinking at all, although it might be enough to drive some of us to drink.

I've been watching movies and reading, but that hasn't filled the void the absence of PC games has left. I could fire up some retro games on one of my old computers like the original Railroad Tycoon, Ascendancy, Conquered Kingdoms, etc. Or perhaps some other pre-Windows DOS games from my early computer gaming years. At least they are already paid for and were my favorites once. Yes, I think that would be the smartest thing to do--first thing tomorrow.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.