We Need a 2015-2016 Hockey thread

Started by endfire79, October 04, 2015, 07:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I'll have to duck and cover...I am a big pens fan:)

Pleased with what I have seen so far, but series far from over.  It was odd hearing Tampa fans cheering both teams, but guessing that is because most people in Tampa are transplants from other areas of the country.

Friday nights game is big for both teams, but thinking a must win for Tampa at this point....

MetalDog

Agree on the must win.  And the transplants thing, too.  It was worse when they played the Blackhawks last year.  Then, there was no home team, "Let's go Bolts!"  Just constant cheering for Chicago :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Well, I'm a Pens fan, so I'm happy (despite their performance on Friday).

MetalDog

DAM-NIT!!!!!!!!!  F*ing Penguins!!!  I knew  the Bolts were sunk when the studio guy said as the third period was about to start, "The Penguins haven't won a Game 7 in this building ever."

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Yes!  Good game, but glad pens move on

Arctic Blast

Really fun Finals this year. Two teams who have benefited largely from the development of some young kids this year to finally provide supplementary depth.

If it was anyone but the Pens, I'd be cheering hard for the Sharks to win a Cup.

mirth

Not the Cup Finals I was hoping for, but two very good teams. Should be fun to watch.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

It will be fun to watch the speed and scoring potential of these two teams....I haven't watched the Sharks much so don't know a ton about them, but from what I saw they look dangerous and playing very good at the right time.

But of course will be strongly supporting the pens!  This might be one of the last seasons where all their core is still intact.....Crosby, Malikin, fluery  (although likely not playing), Kunitz, LeTang.....

Grim.Reaper

Also looks like the majority of experts picking the Sharks.....that's ok, these are the same people who picked New York, Washington, and Tampa over the Penguins as well....hope the streak continues:)

mirth

I wouldn't bet against the Pens at this point.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Game 1 isn't until Monday? What the hell am I supposed to watch this weekend?!

MetalDog

mirth

MetalDog