Game you want to see republished?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 19, 2018, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

I forgot getting a proper reprint of "Up Front"...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on July 19, 2018, 09:50:49 AM
What is wrong with this one?

it's not the one that a lot of people sunk hundreds of dollars into on Kickstarter thinking it was finally getting a re-release
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=3659

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(if you want some real fun, go check out the comments on the kickstarter page, even 5 years later https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325766284/up-front-the-card-game/comments )
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 19, 2018, 09:30:30 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 19, 2018, 09:29:14 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mosby's Raiders, Carrier, Tokyo Express, and maybe Eastern Front Solitaire, too.

Or you could get some friends...

but why

ArizonaTank

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 19, 2018, 09:52:51 AM
Quote from: bbmike on July 19, 2018, 09:50:49 AM
What is wrong with this one?

it's not the one that a lot of people sunk hundreds of dollars into on Kickstarter thinking it was finally getting a re-release
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=3659

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(if you want some real fun, go check out the comments on the kickstarter page, even 5 years later https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325766284/up-front-the-card-game/comments )

+1
The Wizard's of the Coast / Wargamer version is fine I guess if you are OK with buying the pieces in a bundle and putting them in a baggie for $60.  As for me, I would love to see a true, in a box, version of the game...that's all.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

BanzaiCat

...and I'd like to see 1979 Erin Gray in a tight blue spandex suit right here in person, but that's not going to happen either. :)

bbmike

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 19, 2018, 11:02:32 AM
...and I'd like to see 1979 Erin Gray in a tight blue spandex suit right here in person, but that's not going to happen either. :)

Don't be so negative! The Japanese are developing robots, there's cloning going on, VR is getting better...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

DennisS

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mosby's Raiders, Carrier, Tokyo Express, and maybe Eastern Front Solitaire, too.

Heh heh..I have copies of all four of these!

Trivia time...Mosby's Raiders, when the heat gets too hot, you are allowed to disband, and fade into the countryside. The term the game uses is "skedaddle."

Skedaddle, the definition? "to flee in a panic." I got quite a laugh when I read this.

DennisS

Games too many to mention. Source of the Nile would be fun. I have considered developing my own version/variant, using random maps. Wouldn't be difficult to do. Just assign a drm-affected chance for terrain, then roll for actions in the new hex. Can get as elaborate as you want.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: DennisS on July 19, 2018, 04:54:19 PM

Heh heh..I have copies of all four of these!

Trivia time...Mosby's Raiders, when the heat gets too hot, you are allowed to disband, and fade into the countryside. The term the game uses is "skedaddle."

Skedaddle, the definition? "to flee in a panic." I got quite a laugh when I read this.

Me as well. I was looking at just part of the shelf above my computer...but I have way, way too many piles of them throughout this room.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on July 22, 2018, 07:23:52 AM
GDW's WWIII series.

Pretty sure that's being done... by Compass maybe....

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.