Mighty Eighth is returning. It has VR and normal mode apparently - B17&B24

Started by Destraex, May 26, 2020, 05:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedArgo

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 27, 2020, 10:15:47 PM
Way back before that I played Mattel's Intellivision's B-17 Bomber with the voice modulator that's pretty close to what I'm seeing here.

That was great, one of my favorite games on Intellivision.  I can still hear the voices, pretty great for early '80s tech.

"That was oonnn target", "Bandits, 3 o'clock"

Sir Slash

I the hell outta that game. And bombed everything from Spain to Berlin.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

"B-17 Boooooomber!"

Yep, I played the hell out of that game on Intellivision, second only to Dungeons and Dragons.  Remember how you had to press a button and then the number of arrows you had left had to be determined by counting the little clicks?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

I do remember that. I loved that game! Stalking down corridors trying to find where that Dragon was.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I vaguely recall playing Intellivision's B-17 game at Sears etc. We never got one, but I can't really complain: while our Atari 2600 was underpowered, we did eventually get a TI-994A as our first real computer.

TUNNELS OF DOOM HELL YEAH!  :D Took seven whole minutes by the clock to save that game on a tape cassette (and to load the save again), so we damn well played carefully. I seem to recall the cartridge was $99? -- my music teacher had bought it for her TI system, for no clear reason (she never used the computer either), and she essentially gave it to Bro and me on extended occasional loan.

Four-character tactical 2D battles from which the Gold Box series eventually cribbed heavily (the ideal party being two fighters, an archery thief, and a wizard), working our way down through procedurally generated 3D dungeon levels -- 99 of them in later Diablo style, with teleport systems to the surface every five levels. I know we beat the game once, maybe twice. But not usually!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

demjansk1942

Hi

This game mighty 8th is on sale for 1.74 on fanatical.  Is this game outdated.  Any good with new systems

Thanks

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd