Tempest - 'Pirate Open World Action RPG'

Started by Ian C, August 22, 2016, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Fair price, mostly positive STEAM reviews, looks quite interesting, Just out of early access.. Anyone played this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/418180/

Shelldrake

Looks nice but the fantasy aspects ruin it for me.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

tgb

Ian C

Quote from: tgb on August 22, 2016, 02:30:21 PM
Is there ballroom dancing?

That feature in Sid Meier's Pirates cracks me up every time.

Philippe

I loved the dancing.

If you had a tin ear and weren't used to old music, you had trouble with it.

Otherwise it was fun, easy, and hopelessly anachronistic (like everything else in the game).

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 22, 2016, 02:12:55 PM
Looks nice but the fantasy aspects ruin it for me.

I'd be happier if somebody could fix up a single-player naval action.  I don't mind naval battles that take a long time, but I need to be able to
pause them.

Oh and while they were fixing it up, they could also make it a real buccaneer game focused on small boats and sneakiness and slitting throats and what not.  And setting it around 1550 to 1650.  And having dangerous natives on the islands.  and Sharks.  in the water. and fewer.  Periods.  Period.

steve58

necro'd this because now you can scratch your Pirate itch for just $1.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tempest
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2020, 01:08:58 PM
Is it worth that dollar?

Probably only if you have an itch, and since there have been prior confessions on this forum of moist loins (that tend to lead to itches), I'd say it may help a Grog or two >:D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

glen55

Quote from: steve58 on November 08, 2020, 09:29:01 AM
necro'd this because now you can scratch your Pirate itch for just $1.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tempest

Wow, even though my box is in the moving ban (indefinitely, it seems), I was ready to plunk down my $23 once I saw "Pure singleplayer -
Want to be a lone sea wolf? Multiplayer is only an option, the game is originally designed for singleplayer."

I'm going to go ahead and buy it and download it when I get my box back.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower