Matrix World in Flames

Started by JudgeDredd, June 26, 2014, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: Mower on January 17, 2018, 09:12:14 PM
Sit rep please....AI yet?

Yes, if you can productively employ a dissociative identity disorder as a gaming opponent.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

smittyohio

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 17, 2018, 09:52:37 PM
Quote from: Mower on January 17, 2018, 09:12:14 PM
Sit rep please....AI yet?

Yes, if you can productively employ a dissociative identity disorder as a gaming opponent.

To quote the December update:

AI Opponent (AIO)
Nothing new in December.

Just keep substituting whatever month it is, and you'll get the right answer.

Grimnirsson

No way that they get the game ever done (right) with only one person working on it (I suppose it's still just Steve?)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

FarAway Sooner

Have we ever had a thread that yielded 11 pages over 3 1/2 years that consists solely of lamenting about how inadequate a game is?  There must be some really passionate fans of that board game!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 19, 2018, 12:13:12 AM
Have we ever had a thread that yielded 11 pages over 3 1/2 years that consists solely of lamenting about how inadequate a game is?  There must be some really passionate fans of that board game!
Misread the post -sorry. Nothing to see...move along

I SAID MOVE ALONG!  >:D
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

The October update is as follows:

October 4, 2018 Status Report for Matrix Games' MWIF Forum

Program Development
Today I sent the Public Beta version 02.09.02.00 to Slitherine/Matrix for final approval. It should be available in the Members section of the World in Flames forum sometime next week. To the best of my knowledge, there are no outstanding issues with playing against another opponent (one-on-one) via NetPlay using that version. Of course, the reason it is a public beta is that the possibility exists that we may have missed something in our NetPlay testing.

If all goes well, we will make an Official update to World in Flames (version 03.00.00.00) as NetPlay Ready after the public beta has been in the hands of customers for 4-5 weeks.

Two Hot Patches were made available in the MWIF Forum in September: versions 02.09.01.00 and 02.09.01.04. In September the beta testers received versions 02.09.00.13, 02.09.01.01, 02.09.01.03, 02.09.01.05, 02.09.01.07, 02.09.01.09, 02.09.01.11, 02.09.01.13, and 02.09.01.15. My other opponents in my NetPlay games received 'Release' versions 02.09.01.06, 02.09.01.14, and 02.09.01.18..

For September, the average number of new versions created per week was just under 4. But again, like last month, a couple of those were Hot Patches, into which I put some extra effort. To say nothing of the heavy testing the public beta version received.

Bugs
My task lists are current for bugs posted in Tech Support, by the beta testers in the World in Flames Development forum, and emailed to me (including those automatically generated by Mad Except). As always I need to investigate in more detail all the bug reports. But I am mostly on top of the recent ones.

Missing Optional Rules & Half Map Scenarios
Nothing new in September.

AI Opponent (AIO)
Nothing new in September.

As for the AI they just didn't bother to update the entry to October, lol.

But seriously the next version should be the NetPlay stable version. That means the game should be good to go against other people. Anyone who bought it before is going to give it a wirl and provide feedback here?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

No chance...this game is dead to me.

bbmike

Maybe, but he's still pecking away at it. You have to give him credit for that at least.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on October 14, 2018, 05:48:40 PM
Maybe, but he's still pecking away at it. You have to give him credit for that at least.

nope, no credit from me....although i appreciate his passion ( or insanity) doesn't ease the complete mess of a game it was and the fact years later still releasing things to even try and hit original release items.  and don't forget, on top of that we got to pay a premium price for it.  they knew it was completely broken (how could they not since years later still broken) but yet released it and offered no help to their customers to make things right.  instead they said trust us, everything will be fixed in couple of weeks.  obviously, the developer knew that not to be true.

sorry, this one will never be given any credit by me but maybe that is just my hang up. 

Tuna

Not  bad hang up to have, when they called and priced it as a premium game!

Sir Slash

I don't know.... Matrix: World in Flames or Matrix: Game in Flames? Which fits better? I was in LOVE with this game some years ago or at least it's look on the game site. Good thing I got over being such a shallow person and learned not to judge by beauty alone.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Cause it makes people flamin' mad?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd