Main Menu

Google Chrome

Started by BanzaiCat, September 05, 2015, 09:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

So Google Chrome decided this morning to not work anymore...every time I'd open it I received a message that said "Google Chrome is no longer working" and it would crash each time. I mean, EACH time I'd open it.

What's weird is the exact same thing happened to my son's laptop. He's running Windows 7, I'm running Vista (my rig is old).

I used a program called Revo Uninstaller, which you can get for free for 30 days. This program will uninstall everything associated with a program you want to get rid of. It worked on my computer and now I have Chrome working again after an hour of futzing around with it. It didn't work on my son's computer, though, and I guess maybe that's an operating system thing.

Anyone else have problems with Chrome just suddenly deciding to go tits up on them?

Nefaro

Sounds like it might be some sneaky ass plug-in/spyware which some site secretly tried to install in it.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Have you checked your PC for Gusses?  Sometimes they like to nest in there when the weather starts getting colder.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 06, 2015, 12:58:38 AM
Have you checked your PC for Gusses?  Sometimes they like to nest in there when the weather starts getting colder.

LOL

When I was fixing PCs, I actually found a dead mouse skeleton inside one customer's computer case.  Still had a little Fur Jerky in the odd place.   ;D  And the usual menagerie of various insects & such in others of course. 

Arctic Blast

Yep, I had the exact same thing happen on Friday, BC. Weirdly enough, I installed the Google Chrome Canary beta build, and that's been running fine. You can download it here if you want to give it a shot : https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/canary.html