Diamonds on the soles of her FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, September 27, 2018, 11:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Played The War of the Ring boardgame yesterday.  Played Down in Flames: Aces High card game today and a bit of Phantom Doctrine.

W8taminute

Quote from: Father Ted on September 30, 2018, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 29, 2018, 09:24:06 PM
Father Ted.  Are you the same Father Ted from Civfanatics forums?

Nope - must be an impostor out there.

Yeah it could be.  I guess our internet names are not so unique after all.  I'm sure there's another W8taminute out there somewhere too.

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2018, 05:43:30 PM
Played The War of the Ring boardgame yesterday.  Played Down in Flames: Aces High card game today and a bit of Phantom Doctrine.

War of the Ring is a great board game.  I have that one too.  Did you play solo or against somebody?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

Played it with a friend. I played as Sauron and managed to take 10 VPs worth of settlements for the win as the filthy Hobbitses were two steps away from committing petty vandalism with my jewelry.

JasonPratt

Shadow of War took so long to download and install, that I ended up playing other things; finished out Hero of the Kingdom 3, and got started on The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. It's been a little too long since I played an actionRPG, and this one has a few bugs that threw me badly for a loop for about two hours. (Fixed by rebooting the computer and reloading the game.) But for some light Halloween color, it's nice. Katarina the East European combat ghost is ADORABLE!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: -- I can see why people are fans of the series, it has a lot of wit to it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

I played the crap out of Rising Storm:Vietnam.  Pretty much all day Saturday.  Man, that is a seriously fun game.  We seemed to have two teams that had at least a little bit of strategy and teamwork going, and a couple of good commanders which makes all the difference.  I've also been pretty pleased with the level of maturity so far on the servers I've played on.  That's not atypical for the Rising Storm series, though, especially the Red Orchestra 2 portion. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

Quote from: Rayfer on September 28, 2018, 10:58:05 AM
Quote from: mikeck on September 28, 2018, 10:52:41 AM
Finally got around to installing the KS mod for Scourge of War:Waterloo. Really makes this game into a great simulation of commanding a napoleonic army. So many things that should have been in the vanilla version.

How difficult is it to install on the Steam version?

Sorry..just saw this. Not any harder than the non-steam version. Download the files and place each inside your mod folder in the main folder. BUT, watch out for the "folder in a folder trick". I extracted and ended up with a folder and put it in....nuthin'. By change I opened one of the three downloaded KS mod folders and when I did, inside was another folder with the exact same name. THATS the one you put in.

I wouldn't play without this mod again.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson