The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitris

Thanks for your feedback!

1. Detailed information on the selected unit is literally one click away. This is an example of the integrated DB viewer:

2. The unit icons are stored as graphics files and are thus customizable. Players are free to use whatever icons they feel comfortable with.

May I also point out that numerous land-warfare strategy titles use standard military icons to display military formations, and their users are happy with it.

We are certain someone out there is making a more mass-market oriented game dealing with the same subject and we wholeheartedly wish them all the best (the genre needs entry-level, beer & pretzels titles as much as it needs grog-oriented offerings). May they fare better than NWAC.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

sandman2575

Wow -- that looks great.  And good to know this is a feature.  I can tell an F-4 from a MiG-23 as well as the next guy, but sure as heck can't easily differentiate between various ship weapons systems based only on technical designations!  So, it looks like a very hard core game, but not one where you have to have attended naval war college to be able to play  :)

Nefaro

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

In all seriousness, I think the sim looks great and can't wait for it to come out.  This is pretty much an instant buy for me.

I'm delighted that it uses accurate military symbols and icons.  This is a complex simulation and not a game, and doesn't need cute little boat and plane graphics in day-glo colors.  So yes, it is mostly for the Harpoon fans.

mikeck

Except the maps I have seen look awesome. So it's got that on harpoon. I don't care too much about graphics as long as I get to see missiles launch and crap like that. Plus it's got nukes I believe...I can't wait
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

panzerde

I showed some screenshots and a video to a friend of mine that is a naval officer.  His comment was that he thought he was looking at an improved version of one of their simulators, and just where exactly were they getting the information on these weapons systems?  ;)

Jarhead0331

I wish I could comment on the beta, but I can't...so I won't.  ;D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 13, 2013, 01:00:46 PM

lmao - ***hole!!!  :P

is it good, is it good

MengJiao

Dimitris

The presentation at Historicon was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who had a word with us!
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Skoop

This is a must buy for me, can't wait.  Looks like a classic that will be on my hard drive for years.

Here's a random thought, how would DCS Command sound ?  There's been joking speculation about naval warfare integration into DCS, seems like you guys would be the experts on a project like that.

I just thought of that because when I saw that pic of the s300 in platform view, just made me think of what a Biatch it is to take down an s300 site in DCS. 

LongBlade

Can you get that lifted as a previewer?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on July 20, 2013, 08:42:53 PM

Can you get that lifted as a previewer?

Can't hurt to ask.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Skoop on July 20, 2013, 07:54:34 PM
This is a must buy for me, can't wait.  Looks like a classic that will be on my hard drive for years.

Many of us have been waiting for something that will break out of the constant re-repurchasing of the venerable Harpoon series.  Finally a new engine.

Insta-buy!  Hopefully I don't have to rob a liquor store to get it.