Total War: Rise of Mordor [mod]

Started by Gusington, January 16, 2017, 08:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

FarAway Sooner

Elf we do that, it'd be really cool.

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 17, 2017, 08:18:13 AM
Hobbit we all get a copy once it's out of alpha!

>:D

Quote from: MetalDog on January 16, 2017, 11:52:23 PM
Next time you want to 'throw a little levity,' throw a hobbit instead.

Done!

Sir Slash

Yeah, you got to wonder how far off the mod is and what the campaign will be like. A LoTR Battle simulator wouldn't be hard to do quickly but a full campaign would be something else entirely. Still it worked damned well for M2TW's "Third Age" mod so..... it's 'shire' been done before.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

We need Mordor screenshots and videos!

???

;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Gusington on January 16, 2017, 08:34:30 PM
This video is model footage of the Rise of Mordor alpha, clocking in at almost 6 minutes...but the models are really impressive and full conversion mods for Attila TW are not that common.

I thought many of you would appreciate this.

That takes me back to the days of Operation Flashpoint. You'd go to various forums and see these reports by "production teams" about their Eastern Front and Sicily mods, and they'd have all kinds of screenshots of Tigers and U.S. paratroopers and Joseph Stalin tanks. Some of them even had project management slides, with nifty bar graphs. But as volunteer efforts they never seemed to actually come to fruition. Was also in the days before YouTube.

Gusington

^ I have felt the same way about many, many, MANY mods. But every now and then miracles happen.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

As a modder, I prefer to not hype it up. Work silently then surprise people with the finished work.

Gusington

^Your track record around here proves that :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

That's the thing with voluntary mod teams.  One day they're there, the next they aragorn.

???

::)

:coolsmiley:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Swatter

I stopped following the various Attila total conversion mods, the progress is glacial and the finished works always introduce a good amount of bugs. If I check one day and there is a stable release of something I am interested in, ya for me. Otherwise, I don't pay attention. Besides, these total conversion mods leave campaign development to the end and it often shows. Longevity is achieved through good campaigns, not pretty textures and fancy shaders.

As far as Rise of Mordor specifically, I'll check back in a few years and see what happened.

Gusington

There is one mod for Attila that I haven't tried but has very high ratings on Steam which adds the Byzantine Theme of Sicily as a playable faction. Along with unit additions, reskins and custom fireship mods, it looks to be most dope 😎

And of course there are radically successful total collections conversions for Medieval 2 for Lord of the Rings that are legendary, with 100s of thousands of downloads.

Outside of TW I had a recent brush of greatness with Enderal for Skyrim...probably the greatest mod I have ever experienced. So it can be done.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And the Enderal Mod just got a new patch. Not that I'd heard anything 'buggy' about it previously.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

It crashes with regularity in between city areas but other than that is pretty stable.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Swatter on January 19, 2017, 10:59:59 PM
I stopped following the various Attila total conversion mods, the progress is glacial and the finished works always introduce a good amount of bugs. If I check one day and there is a stable release of something I am interested in, ya for me. Otherwise, I don't pay attention. Besides, these total conversion mods leave campaign development to the end and it often shows. Longevity is achieved through good campaigns, not pretty textures and fancy shaders.

As far as Rise of Mordor specifically, I'll check back in a few years and see what happened.
That's long been my impression of Total War mods in general.  Rise of Morder looks fantastic, but I'll wait til there's a finished product before I get excited about it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces