Main Menu

Too Much FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, January 12, 2017, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

So this mod is a 'Keeper' then?  :DD
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

If his (character's) girlfriend looks like this, she's a Keeper.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

In-game she's not my girlfriend yet but that is her in the last image I posted above so...I guess we're on our way.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

What? Did they turn Skyrim into Sims: Fantasy World?  :buck2:
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on January 15, 2017, 10:28:50 AM
In-game she's not my girlfriend yet but that is her in the last image I posted above so...I guess we're on our way.

Is this mod playable in the Steam version? And if yes, both the original and the recently released special edition?  Thanks.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Ubercat on January 15, 2017, 11:06:06 AM
What? Did they turn Skyrim into Sims: Fantasy World?  :buck2:

Considering there are tons of people (and things) you can marry in stock Skyrim (not even counting mods), Enderal by comparison drastically reduces the options (only two so far as I know -- which is for story purposes).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Pete Dero

Quote from: Rayfer on January 15, 2017, 12:59:50 PM

Is this mod playable in the Steam version? And if yes, both the original and the recently released special edition?  Thanks.

ENDERAL : How to Install

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750556946
http://gameranx.com/features/id/69457/article/how-to-download-install-enderal-the-best-skyrim-mod-of-2016/

Probably only for original version.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 14, 2017, 04:13:23 PM
Quote from: Kushan on January 13, 2017, 01:01:21 AM
Going to be Elite, EUIV, and CMANO in that order.

CMANO maybe.  Looks like mostly Heroes and Generals.  The new recon planes are great for really bad players like me.  Among other things, I've killed two enemy parachutists by hitting them with the airplane and one enemy personage by parachuting from very low as my plane went down and borrowing his AA gun and shooting him when he came bicycling back to it after a brief bit of death.

Even in the recon-plane business things vary a lot.  I did unbelievably badly in two games last night, but this afternoon -- flying low and parachuting after a few "keep their heads donw" machine gun passes I did pretty well for me with the commie submachinegun.  Budabuda.  One dude kept peeking out to hit me with a panzersheiek, but even he perished in the end -- and then somebody got me as I was reloading.

Rayfer

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

It turned into a weekend of killing little pixeltruppen - i finally found the right parameters for a decent length battle in Call to Arms and basically spent an age playing mini modern soldiers

Inspired by that i bought MoW AS 2 and did it all again with a WW2 vibe - had a great battle in the Hurtgen Forest with my Rangers

Then disappeared in Endless Space 2 for a couple of hours - ill post screens where i can

sometimes you can sit back on a Sunday night and think 'yup, i got some gaming done this weekend'

JasonPratt

Well my extended weekend into Monday with the nieces got cancelled at the last minute, so I'm at work this morning.  >:( (As the low guy on the managerial pole, I don't get many vacation days in practice despite working here almost my entire life, so I'd rather save it for later.)

I've reached the point in World of Tanks and Mechwarrior Online where the grindiness really starts to grind, so I roughly plan to abandon WoT soon and try Heroes and Generals. (Not abandoning MWO, but I don't feel like playing 8 hours a day 7 days a week to afford a new Mech chassis. I might pay them actual money, though, in gratitude for the experience so far. Maybe WoT, too, since I've enjoyed it up to this point, seems fair.)

Yesterday I was pretty depressed at the cancel, and spent an unknown amount of time partially downloading and then cancelling a number of WW2 games before installing Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill Whatever -- and then discovering my DVD of it won't work on Windows 8.1. (The Steam version might, but I'm not going to risk full price on that!)

Then discovered that the final part of a four-part series I had been watching was pre-empted in its recording by a high school football game (of all things). So I lost that time investment.

So I ended yesterday marathoning a lot of the documentary for The Ten Thousand Day War (I own and already have read the book), which fit my mood.  :buck2:

jamus34

JP, if you have the hard disk try entering the code into steam. I know a couple of older games that this works for so it might be with a try. Given I believe it is publisher based but it couldn't hurt trying.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

I've got the box (I know where it is), and presumably if there's a code it'll be in the box and/or the instructions. But notably, it didn't ask for a code when installing or trying to launch. I have a suspicion it isn't supposed to have a code, being a Starforce DRM.

Relatedly, it's a Starforce DRM. ;) Everyone seems to agree this is the key reason why it doesn't work well, or at all, on systems past XPSP3, and why the Steam version which doesn't include Starforce can work perfectly fine -- but not always, for apparently other reasons.

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 16, 2017, 11:55:00 AM
I've got the box (I know where it is), and presumably if there's a code it'll be in the box and/or the instructions. But notably, it didn't ask for a code when installing or trying to launch. I have a suspicion it isn't supposed to have a code, being a Starforce DRM.

Relatedly, it's a Starforce DRM. ;) Everyone seems to agree this is the key reason why it doesn't work well, or at all, on systems past XPSP3, and why the Steam version which doesn't include Starforce can work perfectly fine -- but not always, for apparently other reasons.

Yup - I believe win 8 and beyond makes it impossible to use starforce as the DRM was just as if not more invasive than a virus.
Insert witty comment here.