Quote from: Nefaro on January 11, 2017, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.

I second this facepalm.

I concur

I know I'm ok brains wise, simply because of the mathematics I do on programing, but I'm perplexed at what you guys are facepalming at, I've never been to bothered to learn social comedy and forum puns aswell as general old folk wisdom, but I'm getting old now , and I would like to know what you guys are face palming at? whoes failing? why it was well played? I'm a treky and I just don't get the line of thought you guys are on. so I ask you whats going down here?

undercovergeek

I think it's the comment about Picard been a better captain - don't worry

JudgeDredd

Hi gameleaper - it was indeed as UCG said to do with the Mirth's statement that Picard was a better captain than Kirk.  :hug:
Alba gu' brath

gameleaper

thanks for explaining , I have to say honestly I think kirk was better, picard was a good captain too but lacked intenseness and kirk felt like he was real.

undercovergeek

Only mirth knows what Kirk felt like - he squeezed him more than once

bbmike

Don't listen to them, gameleaper. They all also liked that show Firefly.  :idiot2:  O:-)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Malcolm Reynolds - best damned starship Captain in the 'verse!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

gameleaper

after doing this thread I was drawn like gravity to rpgnow.com ,I bet kirk consulted on star fleet battles, I just bought the pocket edition for £8.50($10) and its out of this world, I knew the game already, but rereading is giving me real enjoyment, I didn't realise you secretly plotted the moves each turn, I only played solo and never realised until now.

gameleaper

Quote from: mirth on January 17, 2017, 09:22:39 AM
Malcolm Reynolds - best damned starship Captain in the 'verse!

I'm not into real names, or is that a firefly cowboy name. I enjoy the adventure without caring about reality

gameleaper

is it cool to like Dune, I thought the first movie was absolutely incredible

gameleaper

Ive added captains, so you can assign a captain to different ships, you can even put your own image in as a captain. this gives the game more flavour, you can add text to the image for extra depth. there is a default cdaptain and 24 captains in total, this game is meant for a small number of ships, but you can play with fleets and assign a capt like default and then have the big ships individual captains. the ships systems can now become damaged after laser fire, missile don't cause internal damage they hit the hull, but are easily shot down if you still have lasers ready, you can store energy from turn to turn in the battery, or self destruct, launch shuttle that in turn can fire missiles, but shuttles are weak.

each captain has a command rating that generates more new orders per turn, there are 10 rating for each type of captain, I did this for what you said bb, kirk generated his own orders, so now he can, also orders forms a limit on how much a ship can do  in a turn, similar to the star fleet battles maximum 32 impuls speed.

Ive had enough programing, so if you want it time to warp

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/space-battles-2d-hard-core-wargame

gameleaper

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/space-battles-2d-hard-core-wargame

NOW HAS MASSIVE UPDATE TO ADD BOARDING PARTY AUTO COMAT RESOLVED AS YOU WATCH