Main Menu

CM 4.0 released

Started by RyanE, December 24, 2016, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

@RyanE are you interested in PBEM against me?

@chemkid while I am ploughing through the WitE manual how about some CM PBeM in the mean time to get warmed up for the main course?

Both: I prefer to use a Dropbox setup and let CmHelper take care of file syncing. We can also chat within CmHelper. Let me know if you guys are interested!

Oh and Ryan: for CMBS check the gamedata folder after patch install. If you find anything other than plain .brz files you will get issues.
So folders delete, other files delete. And check if all .brz files are present.
The installer sometimes does weird things, but nothing a simple file move usually doesnt fix.
Happened to me with patch 1.04
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RyanE

Thanks for the offer, but I don't typically play MP.

Con

Yskonyn if I can get setup I would be interested in PBEM.  I also use dropbox and H2H helper

Yskonyn

Yeah lets wait until v4 is running.
Which game would you like Con?
I dont have Fortress Italy and its not available to buy atm, all others I do have.
Dont mind side nor size.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

panzerde

Thanks for the heads up! Off to purchase now.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Con

Just got a message back from the help desk those poor bastards are having to work troubleshooting CM 4.0 launch on Christmas so lets give them a break.  Said the problem was resolved and I just ran a quick several min turns on CM Normandy and it is at 4.0

Con

RyanE

While I sympathize with having to work on the holidays...I've done it yself several times...I would have waited until at least Monday.

Either way, seems to work.

Yskonyn

Downloading as we speak... :bd:

Don't just hit the download all button when you get access to the folders with the download link. The whole package is then 32GB! And it includes full installers for the various games. If you already have them installed and updated to latest patches before this new Engine v4 upgrade, you only select the Upgrade 4 packs for each game.

Boggit

Quote from: Con on December 24, 2016, 10:26:26 AM
Any news about being able to target buildings top floors if you dont have LOS to the bottom floor tile.  That is always a pain for me for to allocate supressing fire.

Con
+1
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Yskonyn

Ok, all games have updated without issue.  \m/

@Con and @chemkid I am ready to get going. Let me know what you'd like to play (IF you want to play, chemkid, of course). Anyone else wanting to start up is welcome as well of course!  :knuppel2:

mikeck

Steam has ruined a lot of games for me as dumb as it sounds. Upgrading, patching and adding DLC is so easy I find myself annoyed any other way. I like Black Sea but last time I upgraded I had a DRM issue with the license and somehow ended up with the wrong patch after that anyway.

I'm willing to go through manual patching with matrix and AGEOD but Battlefront DRM has messed up my Cm games twice and the customer service was not professional.

Hope they fix it, Black Sea is the only modern tactical game around really.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

chemkid

@the flying dutchman - sorry, but still very much into pre-xmas celebration and having fun with kevin in home alone... pbem has to wait.

merry christmas everyone and enjoy your presents!
chem!

Con

Yes. Me too

I am up for pbem  but thinking more after Christmas and before the New Years. Too much family stuff to do and god knows how it's going to go tonight with all the wrapping and building toys I am going to have to do as santa. I will be drinking plenty of santa scotch and eating cookies to keep me going

Con

RyanE

Boy, its kind of a mess over there at BFC.  I appreciate the thought of getting this out before xmas, but I am giving up.  I mightily struggled just to find the links to the bundle.  The CMBS patch had the wrong links.  The whole DRM thing was porked.  Issues with credit cards on the store.  Why is every BFC release so full of holes?

My excitement has slowly petered away.  I miss my dongle.

btw, the other modern tactical is Steel Beasts.  I has come a long way to being a solid and entertaining tactical combat game.  Dongle and all.

JasonPratt

I'm up for PBEM once the holiday crush at Battlefront has passed far enough for them to fix how to haxor their new engine upgrade into place.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!