Main Menu

Sniper Elite 4!

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 07, 2016, 07:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

So, is this a prequel about how the guy trained in Italy as a sniper in WW1? (In keeping with the tendency of the series to run backward. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on March 07, 2016, 09:55:27 PM
I think I can count the amount of times I've seen Italians represented in games like Sniper Elite on one finger. Wasn't there a mod for Red Orchestra that inserted Italians? Or was that the mirth Friday night mod?

There were a few missions with the Italians as the bad guys in Hidden and Dangerous 2.  There were also a few in Sniper Elite III.

Jarhead0331

It really doesn't matter who the "bad guys" are. They only serve to be targets anyway. In order for this game to be worth taking a serious look at, they are going to have to modify the bullet mechanics again, add some other layer to it like they have done with the past titles. I'm not sure where else they can go with this, but I'm sure they have some trick up their sleeve.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 07, 2016, 11:53:56 PM
I think I can count the amount of times I've seen Italians represented in games like Sniper Elite on one finger. Wasn't there a mod for Red Orchestra that inserted Italians? Or was that the mirth Friday night mod?

There were a few missions with the Italians as the bad guys in Hidden and Dangerous 2.  There were also a few in Sniper Elite III.
now there was a game
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

i would sacrifice Gus for H + D3

Gusington

You would have to be capable of catching me first.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Deploy the midget nets!!

Gusington

You'll need better bait.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I'm the bait - come 'ere baby  >:D
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Mare Nostrum.  It had its moments.  I got ridiculously good at the Downtown Tobruk scenario with Germans.  I used to hide in the rubble across the street from the little door the MG42 dudes had to use to get to their shooty spot.  I'd run out and bayonet them and take the MG42 and tour the town.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on March 08, 2016, 01:59:17 PM
Jeebus help me

Don't slip up and shoot Pope Pius II -- he has to survive til Nov 1951 and declare the Big Bang theory to be a Very Good thing!

Gusington

^Shooty spots are important from what I hear. As are horsey men.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

and you wonder why easy level Attilla owns you  >:D