Check out the latest build of Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, January 17, 2016, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 06:50:04 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2016, 06:06:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 06:00:59 AM
I know - but this time, it's da troof  :peace:

Stay strong!  At least for a couple of days:)

I don't even bother hinting at reducing my purchases since I know I will fail....but I really should since I increasingly i am becoming a game collector versus serious player.
Next year is the year my friend. No more purchases. Read it loud and clear...it's happenin!  :knuppel2:

I'm going to make models and play board games. I've got LOTS to get on with.

I wish you luck...you can be an inspiration to us all if your able to pull it off:)

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2016, 07:36:16 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 06:50:04 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2016, 06:06:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 06:00:59 AM
I know - but this time, it's da troof  :peace:

Stay strong!  At least for a couple of days:)

I don't even bother hinting at reducing my purchases since I know I will fail....but I really should since I increasingly i am becoming a game collector versus serious player.
Next year is the year my friend. No more purchases. Read it loud and clear...it's happenin!  :knuppel2:

I'm going to make models and play board games. I've got LOTS to get on with.

I wish you luck...you can be an inspiration to us all if your able to pull it off:)

Or will it be like many New Years resolutions....forgotten two weeks into the new year? Good luck JD....! 

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 30, 2016, 07:12:30 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2016, 07:06:53 AM
So let the game download overnight (was really slow) and went to play this morning, now doing another update so hopefully will be able checkout at some point today.....but while I wait, a couple of questions.

1)  What exactly is Squadron 42?  Noticed it was a separate cost then my starter package that I received.  My starter package is the Mustang.
2)  Is there any other add-ons that must be purchased to get the complete experience (not meaning ships, but other gameplay modes) ?

Thanks.

1. Squadron 42 is the single player campaign that is going to offer an experience along wing commander lines. It will not be released most likely for at least another 2 years. Squadron 42 used to come with all ship packages, but some time ago CIG split it up and SQ42 became a separate purchase. They still have packages that include it, but I guess the cost is a little higher.

2. No. unless they raise another 100 million and the stretch goals once again expand the scope of the game.
The cost is slightly higher - but half the price of buying SQ42 on it's own
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

It appears my free package that I got included squadron 42 already, at least that is what my account says.  I guess we'll see in a couple years:?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 30, 2016, 08:12:30 AM
It appears my free package that I got included squadron 42 already, at least that is what my account says.  I guess we'll see in a couple years:?

Most likely. SQ42 is very behind schedule and concrete information on the state of it is pretty scarce. If its anything like what they are building in the persistent universe, it will be revolutionary.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

That is damn cool...in the words of a very dumb person "A lak it a lot" (Dumb and Dumber circa 1994)

...but did it make you feel like you were playing F16 Fighting Falcon on a 486 with 4MB of RAM?  >:D  I haven't seen stuttering like that on my computer since 1995!!  ;D

Actually, I just ran this on my rig at work and it was far better.

It must just be a optimisation thing or driver thing. My PC at work is not by any stretch of the imagination a gaming rig.
Alba gu' brath

FlickJax

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Yeah - must be something on my system it doesn't agree with.

It looked pretty funky though. I liked the presentation alot  O0
Alba gu' brath

trek

Just re-bought the Avenger Stalker to go in the hangar alongside my Sabre. I needed a bounty-hunter ship that can hold prisoners for the future. The latest news is that the Avenger is going to have swappable modules including cargo, etc. This will make it the most versatile ship in the game and a great starter package for anyone getting into SC. They are also talking about maybe bigger weapon hardpoints on the wings as well.

Combat-wise the Avenger is pretty good with the nose gatling gun and swapping the Suckerpunch weapons for either Tarantulas or Badgers on the wings. For pure dogfighting supremacy though the Sabre with (4) Panther Repeaters is one of the most lethal ships in the game hands-down. My kill-rate with it is much better than my skills deserve.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on January 12, 2017, 01:04:33 PM
For pure dogfighting supremacy though the Sabre with (4) Panther Repeaters is one of the most lethal ships in the game hands-down. My kill-rate with it is much better than my skills deserve.

I think it really depends on your play style. I have a Super Hornet, which is the closest thing to military class space supremacy in the game presently. While the sabre is more maneuverable, the Super Hornet definitely wins on the defense with much greater survivability, and with greater brute force.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

trek

Yeah I've heard the Hornet is a beast. Never flown it. Maybe I'll give it a try on the next free fly that SC offers. The YouTube vids that show Hornet vs Sabre arena duels seem to make the case that they are pretty evenly matched and usually comes down to the best pilot. I think part of my fondness for the Sabre is the similarity in looks to a conventional jet fighter. Tell me JH are you a fixed weapon adherent or a gimbal mount kind of pilot or do you like to mix a little of both? I prefer fixed mounts especially with my current weapon loadout of Panther Repeaters.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on January 13, 2017, 05:12:11 PM
Yeah I've heard the Hornet is a beast. Never flown it. Maybe I'll give it a try on the next free fly that SC offers. The YouTube vids that show Hornet vs Sabre arena duels seem to make the case that they are pretty evenly matched and usually comes down to the best pilot. I think part of my fondness for the Sabre is the similarity in looks to a conventional jet fighter. Tell me JH are you a fixed weapon adherent or a gimbal mount kind of pilot or do you like to mix a little of both? I prefer fixed mounts especially with my current weapon loadout of Panther Repeaters.

I'm just starting to get into tweaking my payload and weapons. So far, I've been pretty dedicated to fixed mounts, but that may change. The Super Hornet does have that top turret though that gives 360 degrees of coverage.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Development feels like it is speeding up. I've been playing 2.6.1 for about a week now and it should be released to the public servers in the next day or so.

Check-out this video and start watching at about 6:30. They walk you through the development of the F7 Hornet. It shows a glimpse into the amazing attention to detail they are pouring into every aspect of this game. Simply stunning stuff...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog