Sovereignty: Crown of Kings enters Early Access

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 31, 2015, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on December 07, 2016, 06:05:18 AM
A new patch for Sovereignty, with more bugfixes and more balancing done!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312430/discussions/0/152391285457881490/

Changelog Sovereignty patch RC1:

Prisoners now added automatically to trade table when sending peace treaty
Remembered trade offers now remove invalid items
Necropolis hero power no longer works on forts, siege, naval or undead units
Poison Vial hero power no longer works on forts, undead and phantom units
Fixed all prisoners auto-releasing at end of wars
Fixed possible crash when province with allied armies changes owners
Fixed possible crashes when looking up prisoner lists
Fixed possible crash when opening foreign affairs
Fixed graphical glitches on move/attack overlays in tactical battles
Fixed another case where promoted units causes a crash
Fixed non-working Rally unit ability
Fixed tutorial issue when Garrison units are present
Fixed a lot of German texts which were not appearing
Fixed issue causing some Rebel armies to be invisible
Fixed crash when losing the game as Aevinwode
Fixed crashing after notifying user that graphics hardware is not supported
Fixed shader compiler issue which caused seemingly random crashes
Fixed player being able to initiate trade with dead realms from resources pull out panel
Fixed crash when sending AI trade offer immedately after a counter-offer is made
Fixed being able to edit trade deal before clicking the counter button
Fixed removing treaty from trade table only removing from one side
Fixed canceling out of trade counter-offer freezing the game
Modding: Game now passes target unit when requesting Healer status
Sounds like good progress is being made. O0

It's been a while since I last played the game... can you buy/build forts in provinces now to boost defence?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Tpek

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to address the problems I complained about.

I guess they want to keep the A.I utterly cheating, and freakishly over-aggressive.

FlickJax

Quote from: Tpek on December 08, 2016, 02:12:11 AM

I guess they want to keep the A.I utterly cheating, and freakishly over-aggressive.

Smaller nations should be able to make alliances easier to make up for deficiencies in size, perhaps.

Boggit

Quote from: FlickJax on December 08, 2016, 03:47:04 AM

Smaller nations should be able to make alliances easier to make up for deficiencies in size, perhaps.
That is a good idea. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Tpek

Quote from: FlickJax on December 08, 2016, 03:47:04 AM

Won't change the way the AI's over-aggressiveness ruins the game.
Making peace in the game looks like a joke, considering no more than a turn or two later the same war will break out again.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on December 09, 2016, 07:56:44 AM

Making peace in the game looks like a joke, considering no more than a turn or two later the same war will break out again.

Should definitely be some hard time limits imposed for peace deals, if nothing else.

Not unusual in grand strategy games.  It's always been a fixture in the Total War series for example.

Tpek

^Not this much.
Everyone continuously fighting everyone else? that's just silly and ruins the theme of the game (not to mention the gameplay).

Boggit

Yes, the peace could have options... short truce - 4 turns, truce - 12 turns, then all bets are off, release the dogs of war...

Tpek

They should simply fix the AI to not be this ridiculously aggressive.
Especially for Good and Civilized nations.

Boggit

Quote from: Tpek on December 09, 2016, 03:46:00 PM
Have you mentioned this in your feedback on Steam? It's a good point IMO.

Tpek

Quote from: Boggit on December 09, 2016, 04:40:54 PM
Quote from: Tpek on December 09, 2016, 03:46:00 PM

I thought of doing so, but I prefer to avoid Steam's community whenever possible.
It tends to be so flooded with nonsense that devs rarely get to truly read and take posts there seriously anyway.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on December 09, 2016, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: Boggit on December 09, 2016, 04:40:54 PM

I thought of doing so, but I prefer to avoid Steam's community whenever possible.
It tends to be so flooded with nonsense that devs rarely get to truly read and take posts there seriously anyway.

For these indie games, it's not as bad.  Less rage spam clogging it up than others.

Lord Zimoa

Sovereignty update! This is bringing us very close to full release, which will happen on February the 2nd. Details and changelogs are here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312430/discussions/0/142261352649320913/

FarAway Sooner

Very excited about this one!  I figure there's not much point starting a campaign now if the new updates will break old save games, but I can hold off for another few weeks...

:bd: